Sawtooth

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
I've been going back and forth between a Hilleberg and a Sawtooth as a main basecamp tent for the past few months and once again I'm leaning towards the Sawtooth for this season.

For those of you that have used a Sawtooth, is the liner worth adding to the setup? Which boxstove are you using?

colonel00

WKR
Man, those are two completely different tents. I've been going floorless for a while now and the Sawtooth is a great tent. It is a little heavier than some other options for 2 (maybe 3) people but it has tons of room.

As to the liner, I think a lot will depend on the area you'll be in and your personal preferences. I've only had some minor condensation issues using floorless shelters from southern Colorado to rainy Alaska. Other folks have had worse experiences. It's all up to you, the area you'll be in and if you want to carry the extra weight.

I love my sawtooth and you won't be disappointed. There is a learning curve going floorless. A liner would be nice when condensation cannot be avoided. However, it's not too often a major issue. I run the lite outdoors 18" stove. I went with it mainly for its door and price.
73dfc5a95f5485111674616a2ae62e36.jpg
413587dae6c00e2921c71e2d97ac96e2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
I haven't used my liner yet, wish I did like twice but it wasn't insurmountable problem on those nights. I originally bought a medium box stove, then immediately bought an 18" Smith Cylinder after the first elk season. I find the cylinder stove burns longer. Unless you plan on cooking on it, get a cylinder, half the weight, longer burn. You can always order a liner later if you decide you want. Definitely wouldn't buy the bug screen again for Colorado.