Sawyer Quick Disconnect/Reservoir

Corey

FNG
Hey guys, I have the Sawyer squeeze and just bought the quick disconnect accessory for a hydration hose. Was wondering if anyone runs this with their hydration bladder in their pack? And if so which reservoir are you using? Will any reservoir work the quick disconnect? Thank you!!

Curious about this as well. I bought one but haven’t installed it yet. My understanding is that it should be pretty universal. It doesn’t connect to the reservoir directly. You cut the hose and install a quick detach connection mid hose.

ScottinPA

WKR
I don't run it on the hose but the QD fit my Camelbak QD's. I can either fill it by removing the bite valve QD or the one at the bag.

I used to run the QD connections at GunsAreFun states on Platypus bladder.

We run source bladders.
My hose has been cut forever. But I think on my wifes we just use the factory connector for the bite valve.

OP
C

Corey

FNG
We run source bladders.
My hose has been cut forever. But I think on my wifes we just use the factory connector for the bite valve.
Ive been looking at Source, how do you like them? Ive read they are pretty durable!

twall13

WKR
I also use a source bladder and Sawyer squeeze with quick disconnects so I dont have to take the bladder out of the pack to refill. It works pretty slick. I use a Vecto from CNOC for the dirty bag as the Sawyer squeeze will thread directly onto it and it has a large "zip" opening for easy filling at the source.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
C

Corey

FNG
Thank you guys for the help! Might look into those source bladders! Seem to be a good deal

Sportsman

Lil-Rokslider
I do and use a platypus bladder which caused problems. after I cut the hose, I realized it's larger than standard diameter and the quick connect wouldn't fit. I ended up getting a second platypus bladder to rob a quick connect. I used the second bladder somehow - don't remember. It was frustrating platypus didn't sell an affordable quick connect (female).

I do like the bladder in my pack and refill with the quick connect. I also have a longer hose now so it's easier to drink while hiking.

For those that have the quick connect on their tube, where on the tube did you put it...close to the bite valve, middle, near where it comes out of the pack? Trying to think of the spot that will minimize stress but also not lose flexibility.

Also, if you only have a bladder and dirty water bag like a CNOC, what do you use to backwash the filter if needed? Carry the syringe, carry an extra smart water bottle, etc?

About 2-3" where it comes out of the pack.
Conc bag is only way to go.
I dont bring any back flushing stuff. I shake it out every time.
I keep one of those tiny bottles of iodine tabs as a backup if my filter fails.

twall13

WKR
I also don't bring anything to backflush since switching from the mini to the squueze. If I'm worried about the water source being dirty I'll sometime bring a nylon diesel filter as a pre filter for my dirty bag. Either way I backflush when I get home and do a quick test for flow before going on a trip. I always have iodine tabs as a backup in my first aid kit as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sportsman

Lil-Rokslider
I put quick connect right behind where bite valve was.

What are your buddies doing? With 3 of us, we had a Sawyer set as a gravity feed into a 3L bag that was handy at camp. Each of us had a Sawyer so one was with us hiking and there was a backup. We forgot to pull the one on gravity feed overnight and lost it to a freeze. Need to stick it in your sleeping bag at night.

I use a source bladder riding my dirtbike and have crashed and the bladder has taken some abuse and is still running strong.
Sorry I have no experience with the filter but the 3l bladder I run is built like a tank and never has a funny taste.

Hey guys, I have the Sawyer squeeze and just bought the quick disconnect accessory for a hydration hose. Was wondering if anyone runs this with their hydration bladder in their pack? And if so which reservoir are you using? Will any reservoir work the quick disconnect? Thank you!!
Works nice on my 3l platypus bladder