Sawyer Squeeze Alternative?

Pro953

WKR
Anyone here use a alternative to the Sawyer Squeeze for a small water filter?

I use a sawyer squeeze in-line on my hydration bladder. I was about to order a new one and I heard Steve on the Hunt Backcountry podcast bring up a new option, I did not write it down and now I cannot find where he mentioned it.

The Sawyer has worked well, but figured I would explore options that could have a better flow rate or life cycle.

What do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnksully

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if that new platypus quick draw is able to add an in-line adapter to quick fill bladders??

OP
P

Pro953

WKR
I bought one to play with it. It threads nicely to the platypus hoser bags but i cannot see how one would run it as a inline without some sort of accessory attachment. I emailed them after I received it to ask the same questions but I have not heard back.

Kind of bummed as I like the way it threads right on the bladder bag, if the out end was just setup for a hose I think it would be a cool and super light setup. If I do not hear back I may play with attaching a hose somehow but would be nice if it was more plug and play.

I do wonder if this style of filter works ok under a vacuum on the out end vs pressure on the in flow side. Maybe that causes the cells to collapse somehow. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CO-AJ

WKR
MSR Trailshot. Love it. It is a bit slower than other filters, but honestly what is the rush when out in the woods.

roughnecknine0

Lil-Rokslider
My system is a Katadyn 10L gravity filter and/or the MSR Trailshot depending on the trip.

The new MSR Hyperflow looks interesting (and expensive) and some people swear by SteriPens, but the above system has worked so well for me that I don't see a reason to change.

I used to have a Sawyer Squeeze system and while it was nice and compact and all that, it was such a fruggin' hassle to actually use that I got rid of it.

I have been using the BeFree's for the past couple years. Just make sure the water is clear, shaking to clean them (as per instructions) dosent seem to work all that well.