Sawyer Squeeze Filter

bandit1

FNG
I really like it. It's extremely easy to use and is LIGHT! I like the flexibility it offers. It's nice to fill up your hydration bladder with 100 ounces and then fill the sawyer bag with another 64, ready to be filtered when needed. Helps in those scenarios where you're going to be away from water for a bit. I have the version with a 64 oz bag. Talk to some of the "thru hiker" types that count grams, not ounces, they seem to like it.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I have the water bottle filter and the 3 Way filters from Sawyer. The 3 way filter I think is much more versitile with a platypus big zip bladder as you can drink as you filter as well as be a gravity filter. The squeeze bags aren't as stout and you can't haul much water with them either. The water bottle filters are great for day hunts and thru hikes where water is prevalent.

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
I really like the idea of the sawyer inline. I can understand it would work really good in an area with semi clean water.

But in all the places i go i wouldnt be willing to put some of the sick water iv encountered into my water bladders.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Lawnboi,

My water bladder is designated as NOT clean. I will never drink directly from the bladder without filtering it. Its a dirty water bladder now, but the setup works great. I'll be doing a write up on it in the coming days likely.

idabow

FNG
I have one and I bvelieve it is the only filter you need and honestly it doesnt weigh much more then iodine tablets and its a lot faster. Sawyer has a video on their website www.sawyer.com I even noticed my local sportsmans warehouse is now has them, at least when they are not sold out the them.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the Steripen was my last water treatment purchase, but this filter looks so convenient, I am giving it a try this year.

T43

Lil-Rokslider
I picked one up last year and it worked great for 2 guys and 5 days on one trip and my solo trips. I took 2 of the bags as I was affraid I would need a spare if the first bag broke. It doesn't look so good after being filled and squeezed a bunch of times but there is not so much as a pin hole leak. Our camp was a bit of a hike from water and it was nice to have the extra storage.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I am gong to try the Squeeze filter for backpacking. I think I will get a 3 way for a gravity filter also.

BuckSnort

WKR
I really like the setup that Luke and Becca use... Seems like a great system as I like the idea of a roll up bag for scooping the water and then hang it up and letting gravity do the work.. Sometimes when getting back to camp after a long day I don't look forward to filtering (PUR Hiker) the next days gallon worth of water..

AZCoues

FNG
Just purchased one and I am excited to try it out. Really excited about the million gallon guarantee on the filter (if properly taken care of).

I also like the flexibility of the filter to attach to 2 liter soda bottles, platypus bladders, etc. At 3 ounces, it will always be in my hunting pack.

7mag.

WKR
Just purchased one and I am excited to try it out. Really excited about the million gallon guarantee on the filter (if properly taken care of).

I also like the flexibility of the filter to attach to 2 liter soda bottles, platypus bladders, etc. At 3 ounces, it will always be in my hunting pack.

I just got one too. Very light weight. I am excited to use it.

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
I picked one up recently for an upcoming, off the beaten path, tarpon fishing trip in Mexico. So far I can say the flow rate is impressive and the filter weight is as stated. Simple but versatile. I do have cross-contamination concerns if you do not wipe the outside down before using it. That should be easy to avoid with careful use. I will find out quickly if it filters what is supposed to filter (if it doesn't I'll quickly learn the el bano two step).

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
The neck of the squeeze bags looks pretty small. How do you fill them up from small water sources like the 18" wide brooks that are common in the back country?

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord