Say what you will, they are a beautiful animal. Wolf trail cam shot.

OP
M
Have you heard any wolf howls nearby. You're really lucky to experience such a treat --- I envy you.
yes, multiple times, even talked back and forth before. i have called them in with my voice and with an electronic game call. just never was able to make it happen. I actually have history with this particular animal.

NUGGET

WKR
Nice to see some hunters showing some type of respect for wolves. Personally I enjoy seeing them, respect them and support all reintroduction efforts. Hope you get a crack at him or his pack with a tag in your pocket!

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
yes, multiple times, even talked back and forth before. i have called them in with my voice and with an electronic game call. just never was able to make it happen. I actually have history with this particular animal.

Please tell us more about the history!

lang

Lil-Rokslider
Totally relate, I got to work on a movie set in High School with a couple pure bred wolves and have always been fascinated with them. I read everything I could get my hands on pre introduction. I'm a North Idaho guy too and it was pretty surreal the first time I heard them. I knew my hunting area would never be the same.

excaliber

WKR
They are really hard to hunt. I've only seen one since I moved here in 2006 with no chance for a shot at it. I had them across the draw on an Elk hunt and they howled for about 15 minutes right before dawn. That was pretty awesome but I was hoping they would have come to the Elk calls.

There's no doubt they are beautiful animals especially the black ones. It's too bad they didn't leave them up there in the McKenzie Valley as I would rather see them on Nat Geo.
One day I'll be in the right place at the right time.

Beautiful predator. We had a female growing up. Very socially interactive with the family, but killed any dogs except ours that dared make it down our two mile driveway.

I have no comprehension of how someone could hate all wolves, or any predator.

VernAK

WKR
I've shot a handful of em in the last half century but I just don't get the opportunity very often. I like to hear/see em but too many of em sure can raise hell with caribou and moose herds.........as well as deer.