Say what you will, they are a beautiful animal. Wolf trail cam shot.

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
For me I just don’t see myself shooting a wolf. That’s pretty much the one animal I draw a line that I wouldn’t shoot. If others want to hunt them I got no problems but for me I just wouldn’t and don’t have a desire anything else fair game I’d hunt and not think twice.. it has nothing to do with anything other than they are too close to a dog for me and I’m a dog person. I know they need to be managed and agree they should it’s just not something I’d want any part of. Does it make sense not really bcuz I can shoot a coyote and not think twice but there’s just something different to me that I can’t explain.

NUGGET

WKR
For me I just don’t see myself shooting a wolf. That’s pretty much the one animal I draw a line that I wouldn’t shoot. If others want to hunt them I got no problems but for me I just wouldn’t and don’t have a desire anything else fair game I’d hunt and not think twice.. it has nothing to do with anything other than they are too close to a dog for me and I’m a dog person. I know they need to be managed and agree they should it’s just not something I’d want any part of. Does it make sense not really bcuz I can shoot a coyote and not think twice but there’s just something different to me that I can’t explain.
I get it. I used to live for coyote hunting. I was hell on coyotes. But as I got older my views changed and I haven’t shot a coyote in 10 years. I’ve seen a few wolves while hunting but no real shot opportunity has presented itself. Not sure if I would pull the trigger on one. I’m sure a lot will depend on the situation. Something just more wild with an area that has wolves and Grizz in it.

I get what you are saying. I just think about what they actually do to people’s dogs when they cross paths with them and that makes it extremely easy for me to dispatch them if I ever run across some. If wolves came up to me panting lovingly wanting to be petted, then I would have issues. Unfortunately they viciously kill everything they come across, even when they don’t need to. Boom! every time!

mt100gr.

WKR
What are they smelling on the log??
We had found a fresh-ish deer kill with a little bit of hide left attached to the head. Set the cam where a couple busy trails crossed and wedged that head into the log. The color pic was the first time they found it. They didn't come back for a couple days. Cagey buggers. WGI_0032.JPGWGI_0021 (2).JPGWGI_0024.JPG

I get what you are saying. I just think about what they actually do to people’s dogs when they cross paths with them and that makes it extremely easy for me to dispatch them if I ever run across some. If wolves came up to me panting lovingly wanting to be petted, then I would have issues. Unfortunately they viciously kill everything they come across, even when they don’t need to. Boom! every time!
EXACTLY!!

Nice to see some hunters showing some type of respect for wolves. Personally I enjoy seeing them, respect them and support all reintroduction efforts. Hope you get a crack at him or his pack with a tag in your pocket!
You're gonna get DEMOLISHED here.....I'm in the same boat. And been told I should forfeit my hunting rights as I doubt I'd ever shoot one

S.Clancy

WKR
I'll never be for extermination of any species, but wolves certainly need more management than most. I've only ever seen 1 outside of a national park, and it vanished almost immediately. Cool animal.