Say you find yourself in a SHTF situation like a riot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGDog

WKR
I don’t take chances with the most important things in my life, who gives a crap about a truck.
Naw man. Bump that. I worked for that truck.

I do know I have to have a certain set of conditions met before I can legally "go there".

But I have faith I'd be able to sucker'em into providing me with the conditionals.

I mean... come on... if they are dumb enough to choose to riot and loot to begin with? Should be easy pickin's to get them worked up and making fatal mistakes.

I do know I have to have a certain set of conditions met before I can legally "go there".

But I have faith I'd be able to sucker'em into providing me with the conditionals.

I mean... come on... if they are dumb enough to choose to riot and loot to begin with? Should be easy pickin's to get them worked up and making fatal mistakes.

I agree with you, the opposition on here likes to paint me as someone that will shoot a12yr old for throwing a rock at my car.

I have mostly enjoyed reading this thread. Mostly.

One thing that may have been missed by some is that the OP is talking about an AR-10, not an AR-15.

I have a belt set up for 2 gun or 3 gun range days, and that may be something to consider. A Taco mag holder or two on a belt with your pistol is useful for practice at the range. If you are ever, God forbid, in a situation where your Alamo is about to be overrun, having that handy to toss on may be another solution for you. The bonus to it is that you have practiced with it at the range. Additionally, it can be easily covered with an untucked shirt if you want to just sneak away without looking like a soldier. Finally, in a court of law, you can show that you have it for a specific purpose rather than being painted as someone prepping for a fight well in advance.

A couple of notes about this situation in Colorado, because that is where I live and had to learn the rules.

Lethal force is only authorized in the defense of yourself or a third party when you have reasonable belief that you or that other person is in immediate danger of death or serious bodily injury. It is also authorized if necessary to prevent arson to an occupied structure. It is not authorized to protect property.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider

Extremely disturbing. This thread is going to dark places. I’m sorry I participated. Back to hunting content for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m envisioning your home invasion senerio, at what point do you listen to your deathly scared wife and children's fearful screams long enought before you take action? When they are banging the door down? When they have your family?
Seriously this is what the **** you write about MY family.
You need to check yourself or go away

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was under the impression that we are not actually talking about people destroying your lawn furniture....yes, there are definite distinctions to be made but none of us is clairvoyant and know what will be going on 5 minutes from now.....we can do a best guess based on past history.

You may have 30 seconds to decide on a course of action....those decisions are limited by your capability and that capability is what the op asked about.
He asked about backpacks lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
Where's Bruce?
That experience is as harrowing as it gets. Sincere question. If you found those people alive would you give your all to help them? Would you point your ar at em and march them to a death on the other side of the border? Would you seek for their asylum or give them a doing 31 in a 30 zone ticket cuz the law be the law? Not being a jackass although it is certainly in my wheelhouse. My brother in law is a game warden north enough of there that he doesn't have to deal with it but close enough that everyone in the family is aware of the dangers of the area and the desperation of humans looking for better.

My instructions are to text the details to the ranch owner, provide the exact location, estimated head count, weapons (if any) and avoid all confrontation...retreat to high ground and spot until the badges arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.