Say you find yourself in a SHTF situation like a riot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I knew you wouldn't be concerned about the pandemic "hoax," and yet you want to discuss how to carry multiple magazines in case of a riot. A face mask is more likely to save your life (or someone else's) than having those extra magazines, but of course you exercise your right not to wear one.

Why are we talking about masks? The guy wants to protect his family, people get offended by that somehow. We are here to discuss how he can best do that. Why are you offended by him or I wanting a home kit to do that? Also, why are you following me around watching when I put a mask on or not?

FLAK

WKR
Why are we talking about masks? The guy wants to protect his family, people get offended by that somehow. We are here to discuss how he can best do that. Why are you offended by him or I wanting a home kit to do that? Also, why are you following me around watching when I put a mask on or not?

Well said. And x2.
And I prefer #4 Buck.

cmahoney

WKR
I always have this shirt with me. Any rioter would immediately recognize me as a comrade in arms and allow safe passage.
9089ec3c84f523ac5b257303620d7b46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is the type of circumstance I am preparing for. Not something you expect, unlikely to occur but no harm being prepared right?

I already have 3 dogs, motion sensor lights and alarms, very visible commercial surveillance cameras and signs in an effort to be a "bad target" but the mob mentality is different. These types burn cop cars. The light cops on fire. They burn businesses down. Just wanna have a plan I hope to never need.
If your at your house just use two Walmart sacks doubled up to carry your extras they'll be plenty stout.

To always be prepared to defend the Alamo simply leave one magazine taped to the wall under each window so as you can move from shooting position to position then you'll always be ready.

Honestly if you don't have situational control with one single magazine things aren't going to end well for you.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
Where's Bruce?
I miss the days when men asked and answered specific questions with specific answers on rokslide. Now we seem to find threads derailed by indignant menscaping buddies all fighting for the imagined high road. Sad.

I think a guy properly outfitted in appropriate tactical gear will seem more intimidating to ANTIFA & BLM types than a guy dressed like the attorney in the video. An AR is more intimidating than a shotgun. The optics speak for themselves.

homedefense1.jpg
homedefense2.jpg

Just wanna proper magazine holder. Not interested in off topic opinions.

Last edited:

cmahoney

WKR
I miss the days when men asked and answered specific questions with specific answers on rokslide. Now we seem to find threads derailed by indignant menscaping buddies all fighting for the imagined high road. Sad.

I think a guy properly outfitted in appropriate tactical gear will seem more intimidating to ANTIFA & BLM types than a guy dressed like the attorney in the video. An AR is more intimidating than a shotgun. The optics speak for themselves.

View attachment 194836
View attachment 194837

Pricy but quality for basic chest harness. I’ve had 2 of their harnesses over the years. They are low pro enough to easily get to stuff on your belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randle

WKR
It would easier to say I feared for my life in a pink polo shirt rather than in full tactical mode, looking fully premeditated.
I would opt for a spare mag in my reload side rear pocket and a plate vest under that pole. Most of those wussies would get the message at a low ready carry then full tactical, you ard going to look like you are starting to escalate something.
Just somethings to consider.

OP
Where's Bruce?
It would easier to say I feared for my life in a pink polo shirt rather than in full tactical mode, looking fully premeditated.
I would opt for a spare mag in my reload side rear pocket and a plate vest under that pole. Most of those wussies would get the message at a low ready carry then full tactical, you ard going to look like you are starting to escalate something.
Just somethings to consider.

If hundreds of people make up "the threat" then someone who looks properly equipped and trained to kill lots of people is the stronger deterrent IMO. Once the first shot is fired all bets are off anyway...and a pink polo may encourage the mob to test you. If you look like you've killed people before, they will hesitate. That's my belief anyway and if dozens of attackers come racing towards you, you better be able to empty a mag and reload quickly. Having multiple fallback points, video surveillance and a clear understanding of the stand your ground laws is vital. This is something most CCW permits holders grasp and have training for. If a mob is "the threat" then the guy prepared to effectively repel that threat is the deterrent...not the amateur looking average Joe. The only way to win is not to fight. It's purely a game of intimidation.

jmav58

WKR

View attachment 194836
View attachment 194837

Bruce is this you? Bro, you're yoked. Huge. Go ahead and lose the shirt pal, no way ANTIFA would mess with you dude.

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
This day and age its a legitimate question. Look at the couple that got swarmed in SLC, shot at twice and injured. In SLC of all places.....thankfully they were able to escape, but had their vehicle broke down or if they crashed.... They very easily could have been in a fight for their lives. Not a bad idea to have some level of preparedness, each individual has their own degree of comfort with what that is. Politics has nothing to do with it despite the efforts of some.

Last edited:

Lingling

FNG

View attachment 194836
View attachment 194837

Funny stuff right there....I suppose you are all right with yoked out black folk walking around

Lingling

FNG
I live on an island in Alaska where everybody knows each other and lots of folk are super concerned with rioters. Weird.
Anyone see that idiot lawyer with his even more idiotererer lawyer on tv? Funny stuff right there.

A Barneys frame with a brightly colored PETA box strapped to it capable of holding 150 pounds of your favorite go fast caliber. Might even want to put some Greenpeace stickers on it too. Nobody would guess what it's all about

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lingling

FNG
Funny stuff right there....I suppose you are all right with yoked out black folk walking around
Sorry. Newbie. I had thought better on this one and didn't realize it would post if I backed out. So might as well just go there. Low hanging fruit...you wanna be him or date him? Secondly, if black Americans exercised their 2and amendment rights so vociferously you would be peachy keen with it right?

Sorry. Newbie. I had thought better on this one and didn't realize it would post if I backed out. So might as well just go there. Low hanging fruit...you wanna be him or date him? Secondly, if black Americans exercised their 2and amendment rights so vociferously you would be peachy keen with it right?

Welp, legitimately found the first actual racist in the thread right here. Nobody was even talking about black people vs white, yet here you are. I’m pretty sure most everyone in here is just fine with law abiding people from any ethnicity defending themselves. I know I am, my wife is of a different ethnic background than myself. My neighbor below me is black, from Minneapolis, a great guy, in the Army, ya he should be able to defend himself.

Showing some true colors right there.

Stop projecting your own racist beliefs onto people who you wish you could be like; decent non prejudice people, just to try and look like a good person.

I fully expect this thread to get shut down, by all means.

Lingling

FNG
If hundreds of people make up "the threat" then someone who looks properly equipped and trained to kill lots of people is the stronger deterrent IMO. Once the first shot is fired all bets are off anyway...and a pink polo may encourage the mob to test you. If you look like you've killed people before, they will hesitate. That's my belief anyway and if dozens of attackers come racing towards you, you better be able to empty a mag and reload quickly. Having multiple fallback points, video surveillance and a clear understanding of the stand your ground laws is vital. This is something most CCW permits holders grasp and have training for. If a mob is "the threat" then the guy prepared to effectively repel that threat is the deterrent...not the amateur looking average Joe. The only way to win is not to fight. It's purely a game of intimidation.
Do stand your ground laws work for minorities? Asking for a friend.
Welp, legitimately found the first actual racist in the thread right here. Nobody was even talking about black people vs white, yet here you are. I’m pretty sure most everyone in here is just fine with law abiding people from any ethnicity defending themselves. I know I am, my wife is of a different ethnic background than myself. My neighbor below me is black, from Minneapolis, a great guy, in the Army, ya he should be able to defend himself.

Showing some true colors right there.

Stop projecting your own racist beliefs onto people who you wish you could be like; decent non prejudice people, just to try and look like a good person.

I fully expect this thread to get shut down, by all means.
As if there are not obvious underlying issues of race when people are talking about shift over BLM protests. I can smell your fear from Alaska. I am white btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.