Say you find yourself in a SHTF situation like a riot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do stand your ground laws work for minorities? Asking for a friend.

As if there are not obvious underlying issues of race when people are talking about shift over BLM protests. I can smell your fear from Alaska. I am white btw.

What in the hell are you even talking about? Please try to make some sense. Ya I gathered you were white, I smelled it from MT.

Lingling

FNG
Welp, legitimately found the first actual racist in the thread right here. Nobody was even talking about black people vs white, yet here you are. I’m pretty sure most everyone in here is just fine with law abiding people from any ethnicity defending themselves. I know I am, my wife is of a different ethnic background than myself. My neighbor below me is black, from Minneapolis, a great guy, in the Army, ya he should be able to defend himself.

Showing some true colors right there.

Stop projecting your own racist beliefs onto people who you wish you could be like; decent non prejudice people, just to try and look like a good person.

I fully expect this thread to get shut down, by all means.
[/QUOTE
What would make you think I wanna be like you?
What in the hell are you even talking about? Please try to make some sense. Ya I gathered you were white, I smelled it from MT.
Ok. If you are preparing for shtf have at it. Murphys law alone is gonna reign hell.

Ok. If you are preparing for shtf have at it. Murphys law alone is gonna reign hell.

Are you trying to say SHTF vs ‘shift’ in your original statement?

Did you insert an imaginary response quote after the fact from when I originally replied to your original racist statement?

Lastly, is this a troll account run by a 10yr old? I feel like i’m being punked here.

Lingling

FNG
Dress in your best tacticool gear and stare menacingly into the sun with your tac visor. Sounds legit.

Lingling

FNG
Are you trying to say SHTF vs ‘shift’ in your original statement?

Did you insert an imaginary response quote after the fact from when I originally replied to your original racist statement?

Lastly, is this a troll account run by a 10yr old? I feel like i’m being punked here.
Obviously I am into the whiskey. Figures you would be an autocorrect ocd'er.

Lingling

FNG
As to the og poster: I'll answer in a roundabout way. Work with a kid who is just recently a new father. As all this (totally non racial stuff) is going down he goes from vegan hippie to gotta eat meat to survive to what guns do I need to protect my family from riots. My answer was a .22, fishing gear, backpacking gear and a real exit strategy for a newborn, a just given birth woman, and an adopted 7 year old. Dude bought a .22, traded it plus money for a 38. Other people in his life laughed at the 38. Now he has a 45 and 50! Handgun. If only he knew that he could load #100 pounds of ammo on a backpack if he only had the right backpack. Yeah his family would be saved.

As to the og poster: I'll answer in a roundabout way. Work with a kid who is just recently a new father. As all this (totally non racial stuff) is going down he goes from vegan hippie to gotta eat meat to survive to what guns do I need to protect my family from riots. My answer was a .22, fishing gear, backpacking gear and a real exit strategy for a newborn, a just given birth woman, and an adopted 7 year old. Dude bought a .22, traded it plus money for a 38. Other people in his life laughed at the 38. Now he has a 45 and 50! Handgun. If only he knew that he could load #100 pounds of ammo on a backpack if he only had the right backpack. Yeah his family would be saved.

Sleep it off man

Lingling

FNG
Whatever. Admittedly into the whiskey. What specifically is your issue with this post. Or are you a more of the shit!!! .22 is for pu**ys, a .38 is for f*gs, you need a .50 to defend yourself type of guy? I know it's late down south. The og op can take it or leave it tomorrow sally.

Whatever. Admittedly into the whiskey. What specifically is your issue with this post. Or are you a more of the shit!!! .22 is for pu**ys, a .38 is for f*gs, you need a .50 to defend yourself type of guy? I know it's late down south. The og op can take it or leave it tomorrow sally.

I have a sneaking suspicion he might leave it.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
...and you must defend yourself and your family, personal property and/or business. You have an AR10...what kinda pack is ideal for carrying magazines? What other simple tactical gear would you want?

At the point you are engaging superior numbers your strategy and tactics (including ability to deescalate a situation and avoid a fight) will do way more to keep you and yours alive in a SHTF situation than any gear you have.

My property can burn for all I care, not worth my life. Now, if you are talking about a few looters (rather than a riot) it would be situation dependent. But, once again, property is not worth my life. Threaten my family and it is a different story.

Lingling

FNG
We are not speaking a different language. The premise of this and all threads of this nature are that you are forced from your home. It's a hard premise to swallow.

We are not speaking a different language. The premise of this and all threads of this nature are that you are forced from your home. It's a hard premise to swallow.

For what it’s worth, you sort of made my night, thank you for the entertainment

OP
Where's Bruce?
Hey guys, take a breath. The attorney mentioned in this thread lived in a private gated community and resided on a private road. The mob was trespassing and destroyed his gate, a barrier designed to protect his family. After breaking the gate and threatening to kill them, the guy took his only remaining action and the armed conflict ensued. Basically he did everything right.

Now I don't expect to experience this situation but then again, I carry two fire extinguishers (of different composition), a trauma medical kit and Quik Clot bandages in my truck and my kids have joined me in tactical medical courses. I don't expect to need those either but if involved in a shooting, auto accident or happen to come across someone in distress, I'm somewhat prepared. Not paranoid, I just prefer to consider the possibilities and take mitigating and simple steps to address asituation if ever required to. No different than buying an extended warranty on a laptop. Just a precaution.

So politics, racism and all the other fodder aside, a lightweight magazine carrier is really all I'm looking for. I will likely only wear it during tactical training drills. Thanks to those who managed to address the actual request. The rest of you should go drink a beer and watch TV. Relax a bit.

Last edited:

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Just a precaution.

So politics, racism and all the other fodder aside, a lightweight magazine carrier all I'm looking for. I will likely only wear it during tactical training drills. Thanks to those who managed to address the actual request. The rest of you should go drink a beer and watch TV. Relax a bit.

Being prepared is good. However when you ask a question in the way you did, it really sounds like you don't have much quality tactical training as the question is so broad as to be meaningless, and someone with training would already have an idea of what they want. Your question sounds like 'if my house catches on fire, what kind of fire extinguisher do I need?'

You also mentioned it was to protect your family, which leads one to believe protecting family is the real goal. In a SHTF situation, the best way to protect your family is to go to ground, rarely is there no option but to fight. However, admitting this really screws with our wet dreams of being the hero.

But, seeing as you only have an interest in toys, and consider advice on strategy and tactics to keep your family safe unwanted, here are some questions to help. Are you looking for a "pack" to carry mags, a chest rig, a drop leg set up, belt holster? Or, are you hoping someone will point you towards one of the options as you don't know? If the latter, go chest rig, it works well while also being tacticool. Do you just want one spare mag on hand, or do you want a full combat load out? Do you need to work as human cover for your children, or can they manage themselves? Will you have support (i.e. armed family members) or be solo? Will you be trying to make a fighting exit or hold ground? All this would effect my recommendation on how to carry extra magazines and what to get. But if all you want is a suggestion, get a Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed.

As for other tactical gear, get a two point sling, a weapon light, hand held light, and an LPVO. Get a secondary. Add some large zip ties or flex cuffs and partial role of duct tape squished flat. Get a suppressor. Tape green and red chem lights together. Add a torniquete, two chest seals, hemostatic gauze, 11 blade scalpel, bougie, 6.0 ETT, and a decompression needle (or hemostats). I'm assuming you have ruled out trauma plates, a ballisic helmet, and NODs. If not solo, add communications gear.

At this point you should consider something other than the Ten-Speed or pair it with a small pack. Perhaps something by 5.11.

Note, you also asked what I would want, not much of this would be on my list due to the strategy I would choose. But, I have no beer or TV, so I had to opt for dandelion wine and a text book instead.

Go with God and may you and yours stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.