WTB SCAM ALERT james913

SaltyBowman

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you think someone is a scammer, just report their PM and we can look. If its a legit user we have ways of getting a good picture on them being scammer or not

We had that thread for years but rolled out the feedback to make it easier to search. Just be careful we had a scammer with multiple accounts that gave each other good feedback.
I did report bobrowl and y’all promptly removed him from the forum. I was on the fence as to whether james913 was a legit guy. These crooks are pretty convincing. I will note the user posts and feedback from now on

Sherman

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel like an idiot. I am a new user and my best friend asked me to sell his used once Crispi boots on here. He only has Venmo so I put “Venmo only.” I have PayPal, but only use it linked through my Amazon account, so when somebody asked about G&S, I didn’t know what he was talking about. My buddy ended up selling them on FB to some guy in Utah, and I just realized I looked like a scammer.

Glad I didn’t get reported because I am a new hunter and this site has been awesome. I’ve met some awesome people and got some good deals. I love this place.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I feel like an idiot. I am a new user and my best friend asked me to sell his used once Crispi boots on here. He only has Venmo so I put “Venmo only.” I have PayPal, but only use it linked through my Amazon account, so when somebody asked about G&S, I didn’t know what he was talking about. My buddy ended up selling them on FB to some guy in Utah, and I just realized I looked like a scammer.

Glad I didn’t get reported because I am a new hunter and this site has been awesome. I’ve met some awesome people and got some good deals. I love this place.
I am glad to hear you now realize why I asked; and of course that you are not a scammer.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same on something he offered me. I said G&S and he was gone in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Two questions: what’s is G&S? I just sold things for the first time and used Venmo. Went smoothly but going forward I’d like to possibly switch to G&S given the comments.

Second: what is best practice for insuring that someone is legit? I found something for sale in the classifieds that ive been looking for. And thinking of making and offer. But guy has very few posts. He’s a newer member.

Thanks.

Bugle

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
“Kindly” is commonly used in India, where a lot of scammers are from. It is not a douche thing; I work with engineers at my company’s India offices and they use “kindly” in almost every email. Just FYI.

However, it is a good indicator, in this setting, of a potential scammer. Not too many people from India are looking for or selling hunting gear.

Fatcamp

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
On a different hunting site they have a thread in their classified section for good buyers/sellers and and a different thread for bad ones. If a transaction goes well or bad the buyer or seller usually goes in and leaves a post with the user name and a little comment of how things went ex: noname123 smooth transaction would buy from him again. Something to that nature. I’ve always thought that was a great idea when most transactions aren’t face to face.

How do you find specific members on that list?

Fatcamp

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Two questions: what’s is G&S? I just sold things for the first time and used Venmo. Went smoothly but going forward I’d like to possibly switch to G&S given the comments.

Second: what is best practice for insuring that someone is legit? I found something for sale in the classifieds that ive been looking for. And thinking of making and offer. But guy has very few posts. He’s a newer member.

Thanks.

PayPal Goods and Services. It let's them know you are buying something and the seller has to pay a fee. All transactions originating from Rokslide should use that option, as it has been requested as such from the people who run the site. You have some protection through PayPal if it's a scam.

Buying from new members? Take your chances. Call on the phone, ask for specific pictures, look for feedback. It has risks no matter what you do.

ETtikka

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
It would be nice if there was a separate section with the classified to list all the scammers so people could check easily before purchase, or does this already exist ? Am I missing something?

Themic86

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It would be nice if there was a separate section with the classified to list all the scammers so people could check easily before purchase, or does this already exist ? Am I missing something?

Only issue there is that you can just creat a new account and no good way to manage that.

Cowbell

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
“Kindly” is commonly used in India, where a lot of scammers are from. It is not a douche thing; I work with engineers at my company’s India offices and they use “kindly” in almost every email. Just FYI.

However, it is a good indicator, in this setting, of a potential scammer. Not too many people from India are looking for or selling hunting gear.

The douche thing is being a scammer