WTB SCAM ALERT james913

crazywednesday

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Unless it's f2f always pay g&s, nothing else. Saved me $$$ twice. Scammers suck, but they only exist because people pay without protection.

OP
desertmafia21
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Venmo actually stepped up and got it back! All is well and be safe out there. This was a tough experience to swallow and if something doesn’t seem right trust your gut!

Attachments

• 601B2998-682A-44CE-9A7C-BA183171045F.png
    601B2998-682A-44CE-9A7C-BA183171045F.png
    229.7 KB · Views: 208

Ucsdryder

WKR
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Venmo actually stepped up and got it back! All is well and be safe out there. This was a tough experience to swallow and if something doesn’t seem right trust your gut!
Wow! Didn’t realize Venmo could do that. I think what saved you is the money was still in the account. My Venmo transfers immediately and the funds are available. If the POS had removed the funds there wouldn’t have been any money to reverse. Good on Venmo!

Themic86

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Glad this worked out, and reminder to us all that no matter what awesome pictures and notes are taken, always pay with G&S. 3.5% is well worth the headache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheephunt

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's your picture, must have got photo shopped

These people are the scum of the earth
Agree. I put these people in the same class as child molesters and drug dealers.

CorbLand

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
That is awesome.

Now go buy the one from the guy you know personally.

EastMT

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Man that photoshop is pretty solid, zoomed in a few times and just can’t tell. Glad it worked out, these guys are getting good.

Gonna have to buy only from well established members. A few months old acct with some friendly posts asking questions about stuff everyone knows is probably a good tip-off.

CorbLand

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Man that photoshop is pretty solid, zoomed in a few times and just can’t tell. Glad it worked out, these guys are getting good.

Gonna have to buy only from well established members. A few months old acct with some friendly posts asking questions about stuff everyone knows is probably a good tip-off.
If you stick to older members, make sure that they are active consistently and that their wording in posts matches up. Sometimes accounts get hacked.

Sako300

WKR
Rating - 100%
6   0   1
I’ve sold and purchased many items with Venmo and PayPal! You just have to be careful, especially during this time frame! Thankyou for reporting! We as true members need to watch out for one another and when something doesn’t seem right, speak up or do more research on the seller or buyer. Scams are only going to get worse!!!! Thankyou again!!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
On a different hunting site they have a thread in their classified section for good buyers/sellers and and a different thread for bad ones. If a transaction goes well or bad the buyer or seller usually goes in and leaves a post with the user name and a little comment of how things went ex: noname123 smooth transaction would buy from him again. Something to that nature. I’ve always thought that was a great idea when most transactions aren’t face to face.

Mountainman7

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
That’s why Rokslide has a feedback system but it rarely gets used. I try to leave a review on every transaction.

eric1115

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had probably half a dozen scam responses to a WTB post I made a little while back. Several consistent characteristics of them made it easier to spot, and there were three or four dead giveaways. I'm hesitant to detail them here on a public post as I don't really want to give them a free lesson on how to improve their game. If you're curious send me a PM and I'm happy to share what I have learned.

One idea I had that I don't think I've ever seen suggested is if you're buying a rifle scope ask for a picture with the turrets turned to a specific value (for example, elevation at 5.75 minutes and windage at 2.25 right. If they are legit and have the scope it's a super simple thing for them to do, but a difficult thing to Photoshop If they are using stolen images since the numbers on the turrets are not on a flat plane. Much more difficult anyway than dropping a note with a username into an image. Those have gotten very good if you don't know what you're looking for.

Good luck out there, and seller beware!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
That’s why Rokslide has a feedback system but it rarely gets used. I try to leave a review on every transaction.
I wish feedback was used more on Rokslide! My state-level firearm forum uses the feedback rating religiously and it gives a lot of confidence when dealing with other members

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
he tried to sell me an atx 85 full set for $3k. I told him I’d already avoided a scam from bobrowl on here so I was apprehensive...and he sent me a legitimate response that was almost convincing. I told him I’d let him know by the end of the weekend and yesterday morning he sent .... kindly let me know please. I said sorry I’m going a different route and he said ok thanks floyd have a good weekend. Made me think he wasn’t a scammer or id have posted a warning sooner.
Bobrowl I think tried to scam me too. I tried to get him to hang himself before reporting so I wasnt just accidentally reporting a nice guy but he is gone already so someone else must have reported him

If you think someone is a scammer, just report their PM and we can look. If its a legit user we have ways of getting a good picture on them being scammer or not

On a different hunting site they have a thread in their classified section for good buyers/sellers and and a different thread for bad ones. If a transaction goes well or bad the buyer or seller usually goes in and leaves a post with the user name and a little comment of how things went ex: noname123 smooth transaction would buy from him again. Something to that nature. I’ve always thought that was a great idea when most transactions aren’t face to face.

We had that thread for years but rolled out the feedback to make it easier to search. Just be careful we had a scammer with multiple accounts that gave each other good feedback.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you think someone is a scammer, just report their PM and we can look. If its a legit user we have ways of getting a good picture on them being scammer or not

We had that thread for years but rolled out the feedback to make it easier to search. Just be careful we had a scammer with multiple accounts that gave each other good feedback.
Will do, thanks