WTS/WTT Scam Alert: Ravenk on WTB ad. Mod's please contact me.

DANJR

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Posted a WTB ad, Ravenk contacted me with exactly what I wanted, even sent photos, etc. When asking for another photo, picture of a different pair of binoculars was sent. The timing of the messages has been really sporadic including in the middle of the night. Didn't think too much of it initially but am now pretty sure it is a scam. Can mods please contact me to see if I can delete this message thread? WTB ads seem to be VERY risky right now. Check your accounts-seems they are hacking members accounts and then contacting WTB ads, so the deal appears legit based upon message counts, ratings, etc.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yeah - WTB ads are very risky. I got burned for a scope on another forum back in March.
Ask for photos with the date and username and also ask to speak on the phone.

These scammers just reach out to WTB ads, never even have the item but rip images from other posts and learn enough about the item to be able to BS you enough on PM. On the phone you will see through their BS and likely hear a distinct accent...

PRC_GUY

WKR
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
WTB is magmatic to scammers, I was scammed once at Huntalk.com. Everyone needs to be aware about these cowards.

golfbum

WKR
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Can a mod please reach out to me as well. I think we have another scammer (don’t want to call him out just yet). He has feedback but is a new member and his posts are suspect and feedback are from deleted members……

Sad as this is such a great site!

Watch out for Oldhunter2. If I am wrong, I’m sorry and will delete this but he said his name is Eric via text and on his feedback they use a different name. Both feedback accounts have been blocked or deleted

Last edited:

eric1115

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah - WTB ads are very risky. I got burned for a scope on another forum back in March.
Ask for photos with the date and username and also ask to speak on the phone.

These scammers just reach out to WTB ads, never even have the item but rip images from other posts and learn enough about the item to be able to BS you enough on PM. On the phone you will see through their BS and likely hear a distinct accent...
They have gotten much more skilled with Photoshop, FYI. I've seen some pretty convincing handwritten user name/date notes that were faked. This is no longer a very solid guarantee.