WTS SCAM ALERT

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
anyone receiving messages from the member Squier be alert. I have asked for very specific pics anf they are questioning why I need those pics. the activity on their page is very suspicious claiming to have all sorts of items for sale. DONT send any money till you are for sure you know who you are dealing with

Dzel777

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I don’t post a bunch but I’ve lurked here since dang near the beginning and been a member on another similar well known sight for nearly as long. Sure seems like this is becoming a lot more frequent in the past 2-3 yrs.. is there anything that can be done to better screen people before people can buy or sell?

Rodéo

WKR
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I know I don’t post a bunch but I’ve lurked here since dang near the beginning and been a member on another similar well known sight for nearly as long. Sure seems like this is becoming a lot more frequent in the past 2-3 yrs.. is there anything that can be done to better screen people before people can buy or sell?
Maybe a polling/rating type system based on previous people's successful sales and purchases on this site in the past. But, that would only take care of members who have bought and sold up until this point, and, it would cost a boatload of money in all likelihood from a software engineering perspective to get it right.
Vetting new members for trustworthiness would be tricky and probably impossible to get completely right.

So while I agree that the scammers are getting out of hand and there are more at this point than I have seen in the past, I'm not sure there's a solution other than severely limiting the forum to trusted & 'verified' participants. But this action would probably cripple the point of the forum itself, which is to spark discussion, buy and sell items, and converse with a community that shares one of your (our) passions. Since the solutions seem extreme on one end and unfeasible on the other, I think it's best we leave it to the buyers and sellers to figure out who is legit and who isn't. While this can be hard to decipher, the rule for me is: if it seems fishy in any way at all, walk away. There will always (almost always) be another deal like the one you're looking at in the classifieds on this forum unless it's too good to be true. Use buyer protection from paypal if you must but I generally talk to folks before I buy and sell and look at their history to the point where I'm certain they are a guy (or gal) just trying to make a legit sale or purchase. So in most of the times I've bought and sold through rokslide I've been fine with going f&f, but that's a decision you all can make on your own.

Maybe this should have been a separate thread but thanks for starting this discussion.
I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on this subject.

mt100gr.

WKR
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
For what it's worth, there is a rating system and "feedback" option already. Yes, it takes time but that is what it is for.

I have completed and been very happy with over 20 transactions thru the classifieds since Christmas and only 1 person has given me feedback.

To be fair, when I order something or buy from a member here, by the time i receive the item I usually just want to play with it! It doesn't cross my mind to run back to Rokslide and pump up someone's credibility for being honest and trustworthy. I know I should.

Let the record show that member "Blizzy" is a trustworthy seller, good communication, and fast shipper!! ....I'm going to leave him some feedback.

Dzel777

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood and very good advice mt100gr.

I’ve been guilty of not leaving proper feedback afternoon transactions and I think that was the exact reason. I’ve never had a bad transaction on either end but it sure can be an uneasy feeling sending someone a bunch of $$!:)

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
anyone receiving messages from the member Squier be alert. I have asked for very specific pics anf they are questioning why I need those pics. the activity on their page is very suspicious claiming to have all sorts of items for sale. DONT send any money till you are for sure you know who you are dealing with

He's gone