WTS *SCAM ALERT*

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
May be an over reaction but I don’t get the warm and fuzzies from this.
I made a post earlier today WTB:Zeiss Conquest 10x42’s I got a response from “Dave S” who said he had some and to email him at [email protected]. I email and and reply to the message here he sent letting him know I emailed him. He did not respond to the email but did in the Rokslide message. He says to text him at +1 (406) 500-2992. I text him and ask for pics of the binos. He sends me some of them in the box and where you can see a UPC and serial number on the box. I ask for pictures of the bottom so I can see the serial numbers, and I get a few more pics and a response that the serial number is on the box. I tell him again I want to see the serial number on the binos itself. I get an excuse now that he can’t do it but will send it later. Of course I haven’t heard back. Long story short, use caution if dealing with him or that account.

OP
Twitch2146
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Wtb adds are a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, which is why the feedback and member status is a big help when doing a deal. This guy was a junior member who just hit his 10 responses and gained access to the forums.
Not that all new people are to be weary of because we were all there once, but something to be mindful of. But definitely a red flag that as soon as you get access you just happen to have what I’m looking for

Brianb3

WKR
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
e3bb1197beba34ae22d0bf1728a869bc.jpg

Recent scammer

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If someone tries to scam you please let a moderator know. Dave S has been banned

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Brianb3

WKR
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
First person I messaged was admin. He was gone ten minutes later.

EastMT

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Dang, broken back and neck, partially paralyzed and installing a water heater? Tough dude!

Some of those make me want to post a fake WTB ad just for the entertainment!

Fatcamp

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
You guys might be missing out on some good deals. Sounds like Montana is the hotspot for FTF optics transactions.

gumbl3

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
"kindly" is a dead give away you're dealing with an indian.. probably replying to wtb adds between verifying bank information to little old ladies

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
You can tell pretty quick with these scammers. The vernacular is often a dead giveaway. Also, any text only phone number is automatic scam alert. And get them on the phone and ask some obscure questions about the product that they're selling. If they can't answer, hang up. It is kind of fun to keep them hanging on and F with them - I've done that before.