Scammer Got Me for 2500$

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonHunter13

Well everyone here it goes blowing off a bit of steam. I have avoided quite a few scammers on this sight most of them with broken English and photoshopped pictures answering my WTB ads. But this time was sadly different I am 17 and have been on this site for a while reading threads and absorbing information and trying to quicken my mostly self taught hunting learning experience. And as I was preparing for what was supposed to be my best season yet I decided to use my savings from working the past two years to purchase a pair of 12x42 NL pures which was supposed to last me a lifetime. I posted a WTB ad and was contacted a day later by Robertsonscoot offering to sell me his for 2500 he subsequently showed me pictures and we chatted about there condition. I of course did the customary check of his profile looking at what he had sold and what he has said on threads and everything checked out he had been a member since 2021 and had supposedly sold a gun and some other things before and had a 100% rating. He also started some threads that people replied to about normal things like what powder he should use and good loads for his pistol. Then I made my fatal mistake he asked me if I could use friends and family so he didn’t have to wait for the bank to hold his money which I understood because I have had to weight the 21 days for the money to clear and I was glad that I didn’t have to pay the fee. So sadly I sent the money all two years of working after school for minimum wage. Now I am 6 days away from leaving on what was supposed to be my biggest and best adventure yet with my mom allowing me to go on a backpack deer hunt by myself for 9 days which was supposed to be my reward for working two jobs all summer. Now with no money and no binoculars. Just want everyone to be aware that scammers have gotten a lot better and to watch out and never ever use friends and family the fee is worth it. To the person who scammed me I hope you feel good about your choice to scam hardworking people out of there hard earned money.

Hope you all have a great season

Last edited:
It’s not quite apples to apples but I had an essentially brand new surfboard stolen from me in college. Worked my butt off doing side jobs to save up for it. Had to use a borrowed Costco soft top for about 6 months until I could save up for a new one…but damned if I didn’t catch some of the best waves of my life on that $85 borrowed surfboard.

Don’t let it ruin your hunting season bud

packer58

WKR
Do you have any binos to use? I will ship you a pair of 8’s to borrow for your trip if not. Won’t help the sting of losing that much hard earned money to a POS lowlife but maybe you will kill the biggest buck of your life on this trip. PM me if you need a loaner pair.
Great offer, helps keep my faith in humanity......

ToolMann

WKR
That is bad. Won't bust your balls for using Friends and Family as it sounds like you know your mistake. If I was home I'd offer to loan you some as well but it sounds like your trip is soon.

Chuckybmd

WKR
Sorry to hear about your experience. I think you can still have a great hunt.

I guess it’s nice to have nice equipment. But the hunt will be what it will be, whether or not you have super nice Bino‘s.

I’ve lost thousands in canceled hunting trips and dealt with plenty of disappointment. But it’s still worth it.

Guess what I’m trying to say is try to have a good time anyway. Borrow a cheap pair of binos and get out there and live it.

OP
O

OregonHunter13

Do you have any binos to use? I will ship you a pair of 8’s to borrow for your trip if not. Won’t help the sting of losing that much hard earned money to a POS lowlife but maybe you will kill the biggest buck of your life on this trip. PM me if you need a loaner pair.
Thank you very much for the offer but I am not looking to borrow any optics I have a old pair of 8 power Carson binos i can use. Thank you all for the encouragement I am trying to keep my head up and stay positive about the whole thing hopefully I forget about it once I hit the trailhead.

First off I am sorry to hear of this. There are two things I hate in this world is liars and thieves. For the kind of money you are talking about, I would let some local law enforcement help out. A quick google search of the username shows a person with the same user off of another hunting site. It shows a person's name and residing in Oklahoma. Some of these jackasses are not too smart. Hell it might be his real name. Would be a place to start. Take down notes and document all electronic documentation of emails and phone numbers. It is hard to hide in this electronic world. After you enjoy the hunt, come back and enjoy more hunting this piece of garbage. You might get lucky and recover some of your hard earned cash. Good luck on your hunts!!

OP
O

OregonHunter13

Ok sounds good I am going to turn it in to the authorities if I find out anything I will let you guys know and the other guys who was scammed by him

Jmoore

FNG
That sucks. Having 2 high school boys of my own that bust their butts in the summer to make hunting/fishing money stuff like this really pi$$es me off.
Good luck on your trip and try and make the best of it.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Can’t find any username by that on here, is that because he’s banned? Let’s just find this guys address and go hunting already…

Status
Not open for further replies.