Scammer Got Me for 2500$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Button

WKR
Scammers are a waste of natural resources.

I’ll throw 10 on it. Where and who?

Anyone who saw how much hunters from the forums donated to the Wyoming corner crossing fund could try a copycat move to exploit our genuine generosity. It will take some very compelling identity/story verification before I even think about contributing.

And since this is already getting too weird, the only thing I'm donating is memes. 😎
Guy-Holding-Cardboard-Sign~2.jpg

Honestly sounds like it’s probably the same shitbird that got me a few months ago. I suspected that the same guy probably had multiple accounts that he’s been developing and posting from and making seem legit over the months and years, because it sounds like the same exact MO. Real looking account, real looking engagement with other forum members and posts, starting threads, supposed feedback from other buyers and sellers that I didn’t catch at the time but those accounts that provided feedback were no longer active accounts on the form anymore either, so even those were clearly fabricated. WTB Ads are a pitfall. Sorry to hear it OP, I absolutely know your pain.

If it turns out legit, I’ll donate $10. If it turns out false, then he is a evil POS and F that guy.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here’s the dots I’ve connected (thanks to @gelton for posting in another thread). Feel free to share if you’re on other forums as no one else needs to be ripped off.

(Robertsonscoot, Jandajohn) Rokslide banned screen names that shared an IP address and coincidentally had a positive transaction together here.

Other sites with similar complaints
https://forums.bowsite.com/

classifieds2/classdetail.CFM?id=182351

[email protected] was an email associated with above screen name

[email protected] was the recent email that tried to sign up tonight. Shared IP with both of the above names, vpn with changing location.

More similar complaints
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/i...nposing-as-bretmilletonmailcom/#comment-87590

Scammer on other forums ALERT | Colt Forum

I got you beat!! 37, 4 kids, a wife, 2 cats and 2 mortgages plus I commute 150 miles a day for work😂😂😂. But if @OregonHunter13 did indeed get scammed and is going solo at 17. I would gladly give him an extra set of binos that are not being used. I’d even pay for shipping!!!
No you have just made bad decisions! 2 cats who has 2 cats? Lol

OP
O

OregonHunter13

Wow everyone I did not expect this to blow up in the way it did. And sorry I haven’t been able to keep up with this thread I have been at work all day. I am indeed 17 and I sent my information to Team4LongGun verifying who I am. He hasn’t got back to me yet. On the topic of how I am able to afford these optics I have been working at a local coffee shop since I turned 17, 25 hours a week during the school year and I am an electrician apprentice during the summer along with my other job. And besides insurance and gas (which is expensive) I have no other expenses so yes I have bought and sold a spotter and binos and I do have an exo k3 4800. But none of it has been paid by anyone other than myself. I didn’t start this thread to get myself donations. I appreciate the gesture and it really renews my faith in the community. And my mom doesn’t even know I was scammed. As long as it is my money she doesn’t care.

Maverick1

WKR
Wow everyone I did not expect this to blow up in the way it did. And sorry I haven’t been able to keep up with this thread I have been at work all day. I am indeed 17 and I sent my information to Team4LongGun verifying who I am. He hasn’t got back to me yet. On the topic of how I am able to afford these optics I have been working at a local coffee shop since I turned 17, 25 hours a week during the school year and I am an electrician apprentice during the summer along with my other job. And besides insurance and gas (which is expensive) I have no other expenses so yes I have bought and sold a spotter and binos and I do have an exo k3 4800. But none of it has been paid by anyone other than myself. I didn’t start this thread to get myself donations. I appreciate the gesture and it really renews my faith in the community. And my mom doesn’t even know I was scammed. As long as it is my money she doesn’t care.
Did you steal the BOAL?

Why do you put the $ sign at the end of the dollar amount ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.