Scammer

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Capman ripped off several members on here. Just because someone has good feedback doesn't mean they are legit. Rokslide does a lot to keep the D-bags out. But Always protect yourself. Call them, use Paypal or Venmo. Also, be leary of Tapatalk messenger we don't' have any control over that system like we do with the in-house PM system.

teamr2

FNG
He got me for Nightforce money. Been buying and selling online for over 20 years. Never had a single issue. Guy was a pretty darn good scammer. Pretty sure I have the same guy now sending me the exact same pics off of Armslist.

I get not wanting to risk your PP account. You can usually get away with it if you're not doing high volume and don't put anything firearm related in the notes

Vandy321

WKR
I've been burned as a seller on another forum with PP goods and services. BL, selling or buying from an individual on a forum has some inherent risk... Sold a set of Crye pants/shirt...package was signed for, buyer said he never got it. Had a fun time dealing with PayPal, never got paid, never got my gear back. Never again.

It boils down to trust, on both sides. Paypal won't save you. Try to mitigate risk by doing your research, deal with established/active member, and when in doubt, skip it.

At the end of the day, if being burned is a concern, spent the extra $$ and buy new from one of the hundreds of legit small businesses that are on this forum.

I see where your're coming from. The seller definitely takes more risk with paypal. Just the nature of that system. They side with the buyer nearly every time. But as a buyer I'm still using g&s. When a seller demands f&f it's an immediate red flag. Ultimately we're still strangers on the internet and there is no inherent trust there. If I've dealt with someone before I'm much more likely to give the benefit of the doubt. But as this thread shows, seller feedback and sales history don't always mean anything.

Vandy321

WKR
I see where your're coming from. The seller definitely takes more risk with paypal. Just the nature of that system. They side with the buyer nearly every time. But as a buyer I'm still using g&s. When a seller demands f&f it's an immediate red flag. Ultimately we're still strangers on the internet and there is no inherent trust there. If I've dealt with someone before I'm much more likely to give the benefit of the doubt. But as this thread shows, seller feedback and sales history don't always mean anything.
It is interesting hearing about "red flags" from a newbie with zero feedback and 9 posts.

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
What sort of positive feedback/from whom? Said another way - is there a way to measure feedback (like all his feedback was from other brand new members), or did he do legit deals for a while and then pulled the scams?

Maybe bring back the good guy list/thread?

Or some variation that would at least offer an opportunity to see if anyone has had positive history?