Scammer

Coryj

FNG
Sadly I was the one that reported him. If you see emails such as goddfirst2@gmail or tamiyadaonna@gmail then it’s likely related to this person. I’ve since been able to find a phone number for this person and have filed a report with the federal authorities.

He had been a member for about 8months made numerous posts and had some although minimal feedback. He also sent photos of the item with a piece of paper with my name written on it indicating he actually has the items and not stealing photos off the internet

Lesson harder learned but will be less trusting in the future and protect myself as listed above.

I’ve saved way more money through the great honest members on here than i lost here and have made some great relationships in the process.

Thanks
Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any more info on this guy? Real name, address, etc. Usernames and email addresses are easy to create new and pull this crap again. He's probably done it on other forums as well.

Sorry you guys got taken by this D-bag.

Hoot

WKR
I have bought and sold a fair amount of gear over the years, less so in the last couple however. This year I was wanting to buy a 2020 bow after the 2021's came out and had settled on a Hoyt RX4 Ultra. I was super nervous about finding a bow on archery talk, since I dont really post there but I knew it would be my best bet, and even hearing some of the stories of scammers making their way on here...

Anyway, I made a post about wanting to buy a bow, I get a PM from a guy claiming his step dad has one and gave me the email. I replied back and asked if he had the spec on it and what he wanted for it. He said he didnt have the spec and he wanted $850. The whole thing didn't seem right, so I figured I would just ignore it. I looked at some of his history, and it seems the scammers are getting good about posting and responding with some topic related information, but it just seems too chat-bot-ish (for instance, there was a guy that posted about whisker biscuit rests in the archery forum, one of his replies was about how he told his fiance that he had a whisker biscuit and she didnt even have one, not saying that guy is a scammer, but it just seemed like a weird thing to say)....Anyway, I looked in my inbox to ask him another question and both the messages were gone? I can't remember who it was but I figured he was probably banned, no?

Luckily, I was able to buy the bow I was looking for, and it happened to be from someone that has been around the forums for a long time and I even met him at the sheep show a few years ago, so just be patient, there are good guys on here, you'll find what you are looking for, don't be in such a hurry to jump on those great deals...

old_coyote

Lil-Rokslider
Same thing happened to me today! The user is mandon381
He had me email his “step dad” at [email protected] and when I went to send $ via cash app the app flagged it as warned me. In hindsight there were lots of red flags. Dodged a bullet.