Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pics I posted and the other guy posted are the ones he sent me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boliver29

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some guys are way smarter than me I guess.

boliver29

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have the reverse look up for phone numbers

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
He’s a sick man, I sent him a text about some EL 12x50’s because I was bored at work. He didn’t get back to me for a day or, he said sorry for the late response that he’s an ER doctor, so I asked him what the strangest object he’s found in someone’s ass.
37689AE0-9EB3-4C79-B5A4-A8AB2E12518E.png

antelopedundee

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
How any people are going to still accept G&S, knowing they'll have to pay taxes on it?
Only if you can document your cost and then you pay taxes on the gains. If you sell it for less than you paid which many do for a used item then document that too because that loss can be used to offset gains. Of course it matters only if your return is audited. You're more likely to get a second look if your 1099-Ks are for $50K instead of $4K.

Sled

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
“Kindly” is ALWAYS a dead give away.

I agree. I bought a rifle from here and the guy typed "kindly" somewhere on the private message. I immediately asked him to call me. It turned out he was a stand up guy and we had a laugh about it. I got the rifle and everything worked out.

Fwiw, I always check the sellers previous posts. In fact, that's how I ran across this thread while buying a scope today. The seller posted in here and now I'm bumping this thread.

ncina

WKR
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Not a bad plan to check their previous posts, etc, but “well known roksliders” accounts are getting hacked.

Sled

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Not a bad plan to check their previous posts, etc, but “well known roksliders” accounts are getting hacked.

A

I agree. As previous posters said, the phone call does the trick when in doubt.

ncina

WKR
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Not 100% on that either! Talked to one guy on the phone and still scammed a bunch of us!

wyosteve

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My suggestion is to ask for something that can't be easily photoshopped. For example, a 'selfie' of the seller holding the item in front of the TV with a channel specified by you on in the background. Easy enough for a credible seller to do, but not so easy to scam.

antelopedundee

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Make it YOUR policy that the person offering the item/deal ship first. If they won't then fuhgeddaboutit.

antelopedundee

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
How many have taxable gains on used equipment?
If you can't document your cost/basis you'll need to declare 100% of the proceeds as taxable or just fib and hope you don't get audited.

BTW it doesn't matter if it's G & S or PPFF as BOTH will get reported on the 1099-K.