Scared of bears while hunting?

netman

WKR
I’m not smart enough to transfer the video to here but if you are on IG look at this. It will send chills through you. If you can transfer the guys IG post to here please do.
670F9D0D-C42C-404F-80FE-88FDE7F97867.png

I’m not smart enough to transfer the video to here but if you are on IG look at this. It will send chills through you. If you can transfer the guys IG post to here please do.
View attachment 164769
Haha, you were so close buddy! Just copy the URL from the browser you used to take the screenshot and paste it here next time.

DO NOT OPEN THIS IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE VIDEO OF A MAN TALKING WITH HIS ENTIRE FACE RIPPED OFF. I'M NOT EXAGGERATING IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
omfg i watched that video and I seriously cannot believe that guy was alive with his face hanging off like that

OFFHNTN

WKR
"Oh, hey....getting your face ripped off is so cool, hang on while I take your picture. Yeh yeh.....I know you are bleeding to death and are going into shock. Now smile big! Urr......ok, yeh I know you don't have a face......."

ChrisAU

WKR
"Oh, hey....getting your face ripped off is so cool, hang on while I take your picture. Yeh yeh.....I know you are bleeding to death and are going into shock. Now smile big! Urr......ok, yeh I know you don't have a face......."

Yeah wtf

sneaky

"DADDY"
That guy does speaking engagements all over the place now. Pretty much the only reason he's alive is his partners were a doc and an ER nurse I believe. Extremely lucky.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Just Google Wes Perkins. It'll come up

sneaky

"DADDY"
He's a trained paramedic, his partners were a dentist and his son who was in dental school at the time. They had to take part of his fibula to rebuild his jaw. He's had almost 30 surgeries.

excaliber

WKR
Wow!!! I googled that and his face was gruesome after the attack. They did a great job putting him back together.

Last edited:
I don't care to see that video, I have read his story and seen the pics.... that's enough for me.

anyone watch the show "I was prey"? seems like about half are grizz attacks, and there is a common theme that turns my stomach, and that's the bear chomping their face and they can feel their teeth being crushed by the bear's bite... brutal!

I will not hesitate hunting grizz country when the day comes, but i'm also not bummed we don't have them around here. black bear can get sketchy, but grizz just seem way more likely to attack a person.... to the point it's not a freak attack like it is if a blackie or lion attacks someone.

a friend of mine once said (in a slightly different context) "can't worry about the local wildlife" in the context he was 100% right, but it's the same in the woods, and at least you can prepare to defend yourself in the woods

Hard to believe anyone could survive injuries like his, my hats off to him.
yeah, it's unbelievable, and to stay conscious through it all.... damn! wonder if he carries emotional scars from that day, can't imagine him not, that's as traumatic as it gets