Scarpa and HanWag Boot opinions

BowTrout

FNG
I understand that boots are like bows and are a different feel/ fit for each individual. With that being said I am just looking for opinions on the Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX and the HanWag Alaska GTX. Thanks for the input!

mwebs

WKR
I have the Kinesis and have put it through everything you can think of. It's an awesome, burly boot. Feels a little heavy, but if you want lighter boots you will sacrifice what this boot provides. Hunting buddies feet would get wet, mine were always dry, and the tread keeps you confident in your footing. I also bought the Scarpa SL active and use those for most of my hiking, hunting and backpacking now. They are a little lighter, still burly and provide all the support you need. Scarpa makes some of the best boots out there if they fit your foot style.

have used the hanwag Lhasa for 3 years with no complaints. They need waterproofing though, which seems dumb to have to do at that price! good boot that showed some wear immediately - but never went worse from initial scuffed look.

Block

WKR
Iv worn 3 dif Hanwags (Makra, Tatra, Banks) and they all have a tight narrow toe box) beware of that if you have a wide foot,

BAKPAKR

WKR
I have a pair of Hanwag Lhasas and a pair of Hanwag Trapper Top GTXs. They are well made boots. They do seem a little narrow. Unfortunately, something about the fit causes pain in the top of my foot when side-hilling a lot. I have tried different insoles with no improvement. I have a weird foot though — it is narrow at the heel and wide in front.

Wapiti1

WKR
I have several years on a pair of Hanwag Alaskas. Good boots. One of the best soles that I have used from a noise standpoint, but they wear fairly fast. I've resoled these once.

I'll buy them again when the uppers finally wear out on these.

Jeremy

satchamo

WKR
I own and am trying to offload hanwag alverstones. I loved everything about that boot but the toe box. It’s simply way too narrow and way too shallow. I feel like I can barely lift my toes in them. I had to go a full size bigger just to get them to fit as well. So close to being the perfect boot for me....

I have a pair of Hanwag Alaska’s that I have used for 4 seasons of elk, deer, bear out west. Great all around hunting boot. I have a narrow foot so they fit me pretty well. I also have a pair of scarpa charmoz for more technical, Rocky, mountaineering type stuff. Both companies are top of the heap for boots in my opinion, just depends how well specific models fit ur feet.

Rokwiia

WKR
I also bought the Scarpa SL active and use those for most of my hiking, hunting and backpacking now. They are a little lighter, still burly and provide all the support you need. Scarpa makes some of the best boots out there if they fit your foot style.

I've been considering the Scarpa SL Active. Do Scarpa boots run narrow, wide, other? Any other thoughts about the SL Active?

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
You have to get the hanwags in wides, the nice thing is the heal is still the same only the toe box is wider. Their standard boots are too narrow for average feet

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BH260

FNG
I currently wear hanwag Yukon’s, amazing boots for me, never felt any pain or aches. Fit great. Know a couple guys with the Alaska gtx, they like them a lot. They are a very well made boot and will last you a long time

I just tried on the Scarpa Ribelle, Charmoz and the SL Active. All three are built well. Definitely top of the line boots. I have heel slip in all the models, sadly. I have a regular width forefoot with a narrow heel. Makes finding a boot a never ending journey. Only luck I’ve had is with Oboz but they don’t cut it in the backcountry.

Ordered a few Hanwags last night. Hoping I have better Iuck.

If anyone is looking at the Scarpas, I was really impressed with the design and quality of the Ribelle. Great mountain boot.

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
I just tried on the Scarpa Ribelle, Charmoz and the SL Active. All three are built well. Definitely top of the line boots. I have heel slip in all the models, sadly. I have a regular width forefoot with a narrow heel. Makes finding a boot a never ending journey. Only luck I’ve had is with Oboz but they don’t cut it in the backcountry.

Ordered a few Hanwags last night. Hoping I have better Iuck.

If anyone is looking at the Scarpas, I was really impressed with the design and quality of the Ribelle. Great mountain boot.
Hey how did your experience go with Hanwags? I have a similar foot

manitou1

WKR
I have the Scarpa Genisis pros. I like them although they were a bit warm during summer scouting as were my Zamberlan 981s.
I'll be getting a lightweight cooler boot option before next summer.
The Genisis Pro is a good sturdy boot and fits me well. They seem bullet proof.

Hey how did your experience go with Hanwags? I have a similar foot
The hanwags were too narrow in the toes.

Your post is well timed. Just got back from the elk woods an hour ago. I was wearing Lathrop and Sons. Boot is working for me. No heel issues. Decent room in the tow box. Also have had luck with Salewa. Check them out. Good luck

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
The hanwags were too narrow in the toes.

Your post is well timed. Just got back from the elk woods an hour ago. I was wearing Lathrop and Sons. Boot is working for me. No heel issues. Decent room in the tow box. Also have had luck with Salewa. Check them out. Good luck
I’ll check them both out
I was also looking at La Sportiva, their stuff seems to fit me well. I was running a Crispi Nevada and my foot just swims in that boot.