Scarpa boot size

PapaBear

FNG
Im new to western hunting and looking for boots. Im currently looking at the Kuiu Scarpa R evolution. I will be hunting in south east wyoming most likely in early november '23 around laramie peak. Im thinking the terrain will not be as rough as a deep backwoods trip deep in the rockies and we will have a camper/wall tent as a base camp. Probably only a few miles of hiking a day.

First question is does this boot sound good? Second question is I noticed they suggest getting an oversized boot but I am already a size 14 in my workboots and that is also their largest size. Will I have problems if I get my actual boot size?

I have several pairs of Scarpa's, I love them. Generally, Scarpa's are stiff. If you don't like and appreciate a stiff boot, stay away from them. I wear a 12.5 in Scarpa. for US shoes and boots, I wear between a 12 and 13 depending on manufacture. Certain model Scarpa's run narrow. The model you mention I have in a 12.5 and from my perspective it runs true to size and width.

Mudslinger

Lil-Rokslider
I love the boot also. I did a kodiak bear hunt this year and my feet felt good in this boot. We put on around 60 miles. I wear around a size 10 normally and I was out near Kuiu for work and stopped by and the 10.5 fit me best.

fishslap

WKR
I’m true to size on scarpa kinesis pro but I feel they might be just a tiny bit on the smaller size which works out for me since my left foot is smaller than the right one. I have some of their trail runners and they are 1/2-1 size small. I wouldn’t hesitate to try the kinesis pro. They are the boot that solved my boot woes.

For stiff boots those tend to need to fit your foot as opposed to being larger. A good insole to help secure your foot helps too. Basically any excessive movement in a really stiff boot will tear your feet up. You want a tiny bit of foot swelling room but not too much so its a balancing act with that type of boot.

if you can order a pair in your size and wear them around your house for a few hours near end of day when your foot is bigger. Any discomfort send them back and try another brand or a different last within the same brand until you find your fit. the middle portion of the boot should snuggly and comfortable hold your foot in place - it should not fit sloppy.

As Bubblehide said, they tend to run a tad small. I buy Scarpa Inverno's and I always buy one size larger than my measured foot size.

Braaap

WKR
Might be worth contacting Scarpa and asking about different lasts. I tried out a pair or Ribelle HD boots but they didn’t quite work. Scarpa recommended the zodiac tech based on my foot shape and they’re much better. I now have a used pair of Ribbelle’s in the classifieds.

never.truly.lost

Lil-Rokslider
I like Scarpas and Lowas for offering the 43.5EU (which sits right at 10 1/3) as I am generally between a 10 and 10.5.

That being said, models vary. The Grand Drus and Fuegos for me the 43.5 is perfect, but in the Charmoz I had to go to the 44.

For sure get to a dealer and try on several models to compare

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up the Scarpa R-Evolution boots a number of years ago. Was nervous about the sizing, as I was getting them mail order, but went with a 13 (the biggest I could find at the time). I wear a 13 or 14, depending on the manufacturer but the 13 fit me fine. Insoles were important as without, they did cause my feet some issues. With, no problem at all.

BDRam16

WKR
I believe there is a misconception with the sizing of these stiff Euro made boots. They are a low VOLUME boot for sure. But I didn’t notice a difference in foot length. I had those boots in a 1/2 size larger than normal and my toes definitely had too much room, but the boot still felt tight on the top of my foot. I also wouldn’t recommend those boots for anything other than pretty nasty terrain. I swapped mine out after doing an elk out and a TAC event for some Crispi Thors and like that boot way more than the Scarpa.

I also wouldn’t recommend those boots for anything other than pretty nasty terrain ....

Yep, I always, always, always tell my sheep and goat hunters, and all my other hunters as well, to NOT purchase Scarpa Inverno's, for the fact that they'll eat right through the flesh of your feet, ankles and shins, if you're not accustom to walking around in downhill ski boots as hiking footwear.

ognennyy

FNG
Any discomfort send them back and try another brand or a different last within the same brand....

When talking about mountaineering boots does the term "last" mean "model"?

Nevermind, not sure why I didn't think to look it up before asking but I just did.