Scarpa boots.

Lowg08

WKR
What can anyone tell me about these boots. I just seen them on the kuiu website and looked them up. Not a whole lot of info

JohnB

WKR
They are a brand that's been around for a long time. I'm unsure how you aren't able to find info about them? They market boots for climbers, hikers, runners and bc skiers but AFAIK the boots they've made for Kuiu are the only ones marketed as hunting boots.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Can’t comment on the Kuiu models, but I image they are well made. Whether the boots are “good” is entirely dependent on your foot shape, and the application you will be encountering. The Charmoz are pretty terrific for the steep, rocky application that I put them through this past Sept. By steep I mean 50° rock embedded slopes that descended 100 yards. We walked 7-10 miles a day.

In terms of construction they are as well made as any of the Lowa’s or Crispis I’ve owned. Like other European boots made for mountaineering, the Charmoz has less volume in the last. I wear an 11D, and 45’s (12) provide the volume my forefoot needs.
I would not hesitate to purchase other Scarpas based on my experience with the Charmoz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoonman

WKR
Durability, waterproofing, performance and customer service. I’ve owned plenty of boots and the Scarpa boots have been the best by a long shot. Each foot is different so fit and feel may or may not be for you.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Let me clarify. I did find several items on them for those activities. Just have not found any on the hunting sites.

Ryan_1129

Lil-Rokslider
I agree, i loved my scarpa charmoz, I ordered a pair of the kuiu website.I am usually a size 12 and I ordered a size 12 which was a rookie mistake. I have some toe rub. Not the boots fault I just need to get a size 12 1/2. Im not sure what size foot you are but I lightly used pair that I am currently trying to sell a size 12 on here.

Ryan_1129

Lil-Rokslider
Lets put it this way, their used, like new, and new boots listed here sell very fast.
I must just be unlucky I have not had any luck so far selling mine. I have been looking at the scarpas on kuiu’s website they look similar to the charmoz.

wildmed

FNG
The ones in the outlet section on kuiu site are not insulated. Not sure if you are looking for an insulated boot or not, just FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Thank you all for the input. I wear a 12 wide in a meindl. I have Lowa evo gtx extreme but they are a little tight if I don’t wear them for a couple of weeks

Ram94

WKR
I “run” Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX with a set of Guide Superfeet and for me they are hands down the most comfortable footwear I’ve ever worn. Zero heel lift, toe rub or slip and they hold up great in the steep and nasty. 100% would recommend.

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
I also have the scarpa kinesis pro gtx. Very well constructed boot. It is on the heavier side but the trade off is a durable boot. My concern was the toe box width. I have wider feet and feel the toe box width is middle ground but not necessarily narrow.

bonepoint

FNG
I have the Scarpa Activ that I used for early season hunting. They are basically the non-goretex version of the Kinesis Pro. I LOVE these boots. Extremely comfortable. Surprisingly waterproof, too for non-goretex, although they are not advertised as such and I wouldn't push them in wet conditions. I use them for September and October hunts. Scarpas do run a little narrow compared to others, so keep that in mind. The only complaints I have seen is when people with a wider foot use them.

A buddy does have a pair of the Scarpa Kuiu's that he bought for a sheep hunt. The synthetic uppers are lighter than leather, but supposedly not quite as durable for long term usage. He did complain that they did tend to flex in only certain areas and this caused some hot spots so, he doesn't use them on long hunts anymore.

PHo

WKR
I have the Scarpa R-evolution Treks from Kuiu. I have wide feet and I usually have to buy wide boots. The Scarpas are really narrow but surprisingly they do break in after a little usage even for my wide feet. It’s hard to explain but it’s almost as if the boot starts to mold around my feet. They’re super comfortable for me even though I have wide feet. I’ve been using them for three years now even during the off season for my regular training hikes and they still have a good amount of tread for another couple seasons. They’re also still waterproof.

I've got a pair of lightly worn Scarpa Wrangels for sale if anyone is interested in a 10.5

Great boots but not a perfect fit for me.