Scarpa Kenesis boots ??

Does anyone have experience with these boots ? Looking to switch from Crispi. Loved my Guides and wore them out but I feel like ever since Crispi went away from direct to consumer the quality has gone done. I have some buddies that have had nothing but issues in newer boots from Crispi.

fishslap

WKR
I have them and they work great for my finicky feet. I have some heal lift issues on one foot and the kenesis with sheep feet solved it. I did have to play with the sock combo and sometimes I have to adjust the lacing a few times but I think that’s my feet. I went from a very flexible lowa renegade to the scarpa. The kenesis are very water proof, comfy, and great for side hilling in steep terrain. They are just a bit heavy.

OP
Idaholineman88
Thanks for the info! Weight wise they are the same as my current Crispi guides according to spec so that won’t be an issue. Really want tii oh get some feedback from guys who have them like yourself before I pull the trigger on a set.

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
I've been running them for the last 3 years. Tread is finally giving out and the gortex as well after a ton of miles.

Great boots! They are stiff and take a while to wear-in, like 100+ miles a while!

I jumped over to a pair of Zamberlan 966's this time around, but may very well go back to the kenesis pros next go around!

S.Clancy

WKR
I've had a pair for over a year and a half. They are the best pair of boots I've had.

They are very waterproof and surprisingly warm. I've worn them in negative temps and been fine.

Tread is great and wears very well. Shank is stiff, but not mountaineering boot stiff, great for sidehilling and uphill. The leather wear has been pretty minimal, considering they basically haven't seen more than 5 trail miles in 130-150 miles worn.

The one downside I can think of is they are pretty heavy. My sz 44 weigh about 4 lbs 11 or 12 oz. I utilize them as a late season or early shed season boots, when the warmth and waterproofness outweigh the extra weight. For early season I have a pair of Scarpa Mescalito Mids that rock box.

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
A touch small, bit not terrible. I run size 10 in must shoes, and euro 44 size (9.5 ish) is a just a tiny bit snug when my feet swell up after 4+ miles of steady hiking. 44.5 is a bit too big though, but it's fairly common that I fall between euro sizes.

S.Clancy

WKR
A touch small, bit not terrible. I run size 10 in must shoes, and euro 44 size (9.5 ish) is a just a tiny bit snug when my feet swell up after 4+ miles of steady hiking. 44.5 is a bit too big though, but it's fairly common that I fall between euro sizes.
Euro 44 is a 10.5, look at basically ever chart. That's the size I wear

CJF

WKR
I had a pair of Guides for a short period of time, but they were too big so I sold them. Ended up with a pair of Kenesis GTX. I have a couple of seasons in them now, lots of miles, and several packets.

The Kenesis has a stiffer sole than the Guide and Nevada....and Scarpa in general runs narrower through the foot.

James

FNG
I've had a pair of kenesis pros since 2016 and has always been my go to boot. I've tried other scarpas, kenetreks and crispi but alway end up back at my kenesis pros. I do wish they where a little taller as I like a tall boot but with a good set of gaiters they are great.
I have finicky feet and they have always fit great with an aftermarket insole. Like everyone else said they are a tough boot with a good sole that lasts a while. As for sizing I'm usually a 10.5 and I wear a size 44 kenesis with a full cushion darn tough sock.

For early season I have a pair of Scarpa Mescalito Mids that rock box.
Sorry for the quick side question, but for those interested in early season footwear, do you know if the Mescalito is still being sold?

I didn't see it on the Scarpa site, but really love the low Mescalitos for support and durability in a low top. Had them resoled though as wore out the original one fast and didn't have the best traction in dry, dirt/marble gravel conditions. Heavier now, but great traction and super durable sole. Would be a shame if they stopped selling them as it's a great alternative to trail runners.

S.Clancy

WKR
Sorry for the quick side question, but for those interested in early season footwear, do you know if the Mescalito is still being sold?

I didn't see it on the Scarpa site, but really love the low Mescalitos for support and durability in a low top. Had them resoled though as wore out the original one fast and didn't have the best traction in dry, dirt/marble gravel conditions. Heavier now, but great traction and super durable sole. Would be a shame if they stopped selling them as it's a great alternative to trail runners.
Last time I looked you could find the mids real easy with a Google search

S.Clancy

WKR
I'm on Scarpas Pro, the Mescalito Mid is all sold out at the moment. Maybe they are getting rid of them. Seems like that happens every time with footwear I like...maybe I just have real weird preferences.