Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX vs. Lowa Tibets

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody care to weigh in on these two pieces of footwear. I am currently using the Scarpas but wondering what I am missing in the Lowa world. How do they fit? In particular, are the Lowas any wider than the Scarpas'?

Cheers all, happy hiking.

Ronb

WKR
Lowas are a tad wider in the toe box and narrower in the heal. Totally locked my heal in like no other boot. But I went with the scarpas, I have a narrow foot. Pretty similar in quality and construction. Both are bombproof. It would just be a personal fit thang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowas are a tad wider in the toe box and narrower in the heal. Totally locked my heal in like no other boot. But I went with the scarpas, I have a narrow foot. Pretty similar in quality and construction. Both are bombproof. It would just be a personal fit thang!

Ronb, any update on the Kinesis boot? I'm looking at a pair and I also have narrow feet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

wildcat33

WKR
I tried the lowas and found them to be a bit wide and bulky feeling. I ended up going with the zamberlan guide gtx, which was a narrow boot and cut a little more "sporty". By that I mean a little more camber to the sole, narrower last, thinner tongue, and generally more nimble feeling.

Ronb

WKR
Kinesis are great! 3years now. Going strong. A bit on the heavy side. Btw I treat them with grangers gwax. One small part of the rubber rand is starting to separate. I need to glue it before next season. I think that pretty good.

0c986863d739b8f391401949f543aae5.jpg

Jvco

FNG
Just ordered a pair of the Scarpas so will offer feedback next week when received. I've tried on the Tibets and will try again next week but sounds like the Scarpa might be a great fit and the European half sizes offer more flexibility.

I have the Scarpa Kinesis Pro's and think they're awesome. They required very little break in and fit perfect. I wore them in rough terrain in Nevada in October and they did great. I bought some Lowa Evo Extremes at the 2016 Dallas Safari Club show because I wanted a lightly insulated pair to serve as backups and maybe for cooler weather.

The Lowa's just never worked for me for some reason. They were too loose in the heel and a bit wide up front.

Boots are one of those items that will be different from person to person. You just have to find the right pair that'll work for you.

I have the Scarpa Kinesis Pro's and think they're awesome. They required very little break in and fit perfect. I wore them in rough terrain in Nevada in October and they did great. I bought some Lowa Evo Extremes at the 2016 Dallas Safari Club show because I wanted a lightly insulated pair to serve as backups and maybe for cooler weather.

The Lowa's just never worked for me for some reason. They were too loose in the heel and a bit wide up front.

Boots are one of those items that will be different from person to person. You just have to find the right pair that'll work for you.
Thanks Longhorn. Do you have slender feet?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jvco

FNG
Got my Scarpas in this week and agree with Ronb's description that the Tibet is wider in the toes, I'll likely end up going with the lowas as my foot is just a tad wide and the Scarpas seem a little snug. For $100 cheaper though I wish the Scarpas would work for me.

GKPrice

Banned
I doubt there's much "quality" difference but as has been said so many times, it's a "fit" thing - I've been wearing tibets, Sheep Hunters, Renegades and Rangers for a long time now, they all just fit me to a T, no break in needed EVER - I look at new boots all the time, all the brands talked about look and feel awesome, I nearly bought a pair of Crispi's last year at Farm & Ranch in Kennewick because they impressed me so well then thought "HECK" ! I have enough boots to outfit me maybe for the rest of my days, why change what is working - it is all about fit first .... IMO of course

Jimss

WKR
I've used an abused my Lowa Tibets for quite a few years and they keep kick'n. They pretty much wear like iron. With that said, my go to boot for most hunting situations actually is Scarpa Kalaish. They are a chunk lighter plus more flexible than my Tibets. About the only time I use my Tibets is in deep snow because they are taller to keep snow out. I've used my Kaliash on several Alaska mtn goat and dall sheep hunts rather than the Tibets because of weight. The Scarpas are plenty stiff and the soles plenty thick for side-hilling it on super steep, rocky slopes. I generally cover lots of country when sheep, goat, and elk hunting so I've always preferred lighter boots. My ankles are super solid so having taller boots has no benefit to me.

In regard to size. My Tibets seem to be a little roomier than my Scarpas. Both boots are pretty much ready to go without any "break in time". I always buy a size larger because I trash the insoles that come with the boots and add a thicker insole with more padding. I also wear socks similar to thorlos that have additional padding in the bottom of the feet.

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair of the Kenesis Pro GTX's and was impressed with the quality. They fit reasonably well at home and in early everyday wearing and light hiking. Once I seriously started backpack training at a 30 % grade ascending and descending everything went to hell! Hot spots, heel slip, crowded toes and the top of my foot hurting. Did this three times before throwing in the towel. My feet are on the narrow side, not much arch and I have bunions on both feet. Not at all the boot's fault. My feet are a bit of a wreck.
I understand REI has a no questions return policy. I was not so fortunate as I bought the Scarpas on sale mail order. I ended up buying and breaking in a pair of Meindhl Vakuum hunters in time for my AK goat hunt. As other's have said, fit is subjective.

as.ks.ak

WKR
My kinesis pros have a LOT of miles on them. I’m at the point where I need to have them resoled or buy another pair. Zero complaints here.

8cc28930564650aad29d676bf3da3ea2.jpg
0e209c6bab843aa90d8785ff57dcdd6e.jpg
e25577ba124d63ecf4fea50f79cef915.jpg
8cc28930564650aad29d676bf3da3ea2.jpg