Scarpa/Kuiu Rebel K boots

BCP

FNG
I didn't see much in an archive search on these boots. Anyone like them? I typically hunt in Meindl's but I was looking for something with more sidehill potential for future hunts in the steep rocks. They look like they would sidehill well and they are lighter than leather for sure...pros and cons I know. I'm thinking about them for goat hunting in Kodiak and possibly a tur or ibex hunt in Asia. Any experiences with them?

I really like Scarpa boots. I have several different pairs, including the Kuiu version. The Kuiu version is significantly lighter than the other Scarpa boots I have. For the high altitude, icy, or exceptionally rocky hunts, I would chose a heavier Scarpa boot. For local hunts (So Ca) or Sierra Nevada mountian hunts, I am fine with the Kuiu version, unless serious weather moves in.

Reactions: BCP
OP
B

BCP

FNG
Which versions do you have? I wish they had them around here to try (Ft Worth). I'm curious about the fit and feel.

OP
B

BCP

FNG
I think I'm most interested in the Rebel K HD 8 version but they are sold out in my size. I rarely see them come up for sale used.

Ladakh GTX, the Kuiu version, Charmoz HD which to me is a heavier duty version of the Kuiu. I also had the Fuego's but they were just a bit to narrow for me (I need to size up in them); I tried to make them work because if they did fit, I would really appreciate them (they are very very stiff). I ended up giving them to a friend; he loves them.

OP
B

BCP

FNG
Charmoz HD looks interesting and there is a pair in the classifieds that would fit me. I just would feel strange showing up 1/2 way across the world to hunt ibex in blaze orange boots.

Charmoz HD looks interesting and there is a pair in the classifieds that would fit me. I just would feel strange showing up 1/2 way across the world to hunt ibex in blaze orange boots.
I used good dye on mine, so all that orange is now black. I got them brand spankin new at a killer deal, so the orange was not a deal breaker for me.

What dye can be used for the obnoxious color uppers and soles scarpa uses?
I used India Ink because it is what I have (I have a lot of it). It is considered permanent, but minor touch up from time to time staves off wearthrough. I imagine a good leather dye would work well also.

OP
B

BCP

FNG
I asked Kuiu customer support if they knew when more Scarpa HD boots would be available. Their answer was no info available at this time but "if we do restock" there will be an announcement. I will have to look for used or figure out how to change my feet size.

I asked Kuiu customer support if they knew when more Scarpa HD boots would be available. Their answer was no info available at this time but "if we do restock" there will be an announcement. I will have to look for used or figure out how to change my feet size.
Hey man what size are you? I have a pair that really didn’t get tons of use… I feel like they run a little small…. Anyways I’d just send them to you for the cost of shipping if they fit.

I bought a pair of Scarpa Zodiak Plus GTX's last year and absolutely loved them. Probably put 100 miles in them including a pack out with 90+lb on my back.

This year the same boots put a blister on my little toe, and seem very unsupportive in the ankles. I guess I lost weight in my feet...

OMB

WKR
I've been wearing the original model Rebel K's for 3 seasons now, I love them in steep terrain. Wore them on my NWT sheep hunt this year, and they performed great. Held up well in the scree, never had a leak in some of the wet conditions (and I never did any re-waxing before the trip.) They do run a bit small, I usually wear a 12 in Danner boots and with Scarpa I'm a 13.