Scarpa R-evolution trek GTX

RGH

FNG
745B0629-8110-40A5-9230-213FC4F348FF.png
Anyone have these? Thoughts? Sizing, stiffness, break in, ankle support? TIA.

coyyota

WKR
Have them and really like. I have a normal foot width and arch. Scarpa have been a good fit for my foot, also have pair of zodiacs. I’m a 10.5/44 in regular athletic shoes/Salomon, a 44.5 Scarpa. To me they have a snug fit from toe box to ankle. They are fairly stiff to me. I can only compare to other boots I’ve had, they are kind of close in stiffness to salewa crow.. kind of. Were fairly comfortable out of the box and got more comfortable with 15-20 miles.

Norm555

WKR
I have them and really like the way scarpa boots fit my foot. I decided to break them in on a 10 mile hike with 2500 feet of elevation gain. No blisters and I realized they were about perfect for me. Not super stiff but plenty stiff for me for 95% of the time.

mshortdog

FNG
I only have experience with the rebel-k. Break-in is easy. One size up from your street shoe. Ankle support is ok.

I just ordered the leather, Made in Italy version of the R-Evolution that is on sale on STP. I sent back a pair of La Sportivas because they were too tight in the toe box. I'm hoping I don't have the same issue with the Scarpas.

I just got the same boot from Sierra in a size 10.5. My last boots were a pair of Zamberlans in 11 that felt a little too big. Initial thoughts wearing the Scarpas around the house- seem like a solid well made boot, somewhat narrow but not uncomfortable, the toe box seems snug. I am unsure if it will be an issue at this point. If they would have had them in size 11 I probably would have ordered 10.5 & 11.

I got the boots today and started wearing them around the house. Like you said, they are a bit narrow in the toe area. My left boot seems to fit better than the right; maybe my right foot is weird. The only issue I've noticed so far is a little pressure on the outside, bottom of my right foot at the base of my pinky toe. I'm going to wear them around the house a few days before I decide to keep them or not.

OP
RGH

RGH

FNG
I got the boots today and started wearing them around the house. Like you said, they are a bit narrow in the toe area. My left boot seems to fit better than the right; maybe my right foot is weird. The only issue I've noticed so far is a little pressure on the outside, bottom of my right foot at the base of my pinky toe. I'm going to wear them around the house a few days before I decide to keep them or not.
I ended up getting a pair this week. The narrower toe box fits me well. Boots seem to be comfortable. They are quite a bit lighter than I’m used to for hunting boots. Mine also fit my left foot better but my right foot is is a bit smaller. I put some Superfeet insoles (Trailblazer comfort fit) in mine.

Mtncowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered these last year along with a pair of Crispi Thors and I returned the Scarpas and went with the Crispis. I love the crispis. They are super comfy and handled everything that I threw at them, which was a lot!

I'm returning my Scarpas- the only reason is they are just a little too small ( I can feel the end of the boot with my toes just walking down the stairs in my house) and Sierra doesn't have the next half size up. Too bad, I really like the fit and finish feel like they could have been a really solid boot...

Benjblt

WKR
I tried on the Kuiu Scarpas and would agree with most the folks above; tight toe box and sizing up at least a half size is necessary. The tight toe box was a deal breaker for me though and sizing up would have required me locking in my heal a little better with the lacing system and they don't have a very good lacing system for that. That's my take. I didn't wear them in the field and think if the boot fit better they'd be about perfect. Most of boot selection comes down to what fits your foot shape. I close to 50% of guys out there are hunting in boots that don't fit them quite right.

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
I sized up a full size and they fit my foot great. I've had my set of Scarpa GTX boots for almost a year....with Montana Elk, and Kansas whitetail hunts under them. No issues thus far. Getting used to the stiffness was probably the biggest adjustment I had to make.

My wife loves her pair as well.