SCARPA R-EVOLUTION vx CRISPI SUMMIT?

LK1037

FNG
Have any of you compared the SCARPA R-EVOLUTION GTX vs CRISPI SUMMIT, SOLOMON QUEST 4D or other? Looking for a buy-once-cry-once solution. My LOWA GTX's finally fell apart and the MUCK's (or my feet) just can't handle heat+humidity+hills+distance.

Use: ultimate SUV for long-distance hunting/hiking
Environment: generally hot/humid southeast hill country, occasionally freezing in a treestand

Kotaman

WKR
The Scrarpa is a lot more boot than the Summit and the Summit is more boot than the Solomon. These three boots are all very different from each other. For your uses/environment, I'd look at the Crispi Nevadas.

Whitecaps

Lil-Rokslider
I own the Summits and the Scarpas that you are referring. Scarpa is stiffer, slightly narrower than the Summits. Summits probably get the nod for comfort out of the box. Scarpa's may be a little more technical. But I'd say they are similar in their use and I really like them both. I'd probably grab the Summits to wear for everyday use as they are a little "easier". I'd probably go to the Scarpas for a sheep hunt, etc. Didnt intend on buying both but I had a gift card for Midway Usa and the Summits were on sale so next thing I know I got em. By the way, I have whitetail hunted in both and I love wearing them. NO more Muck boot/ knee boots for me. I am in the Southeast (Tennessee) and primarily whitetail hunt. Both are great archery season boots.

OP
L

LK1037

FNG
Unfortunately, the outdoor shops around here only carry the generic hikers—limited options at best. Granted, we're mainly surrounded by swamps and our tallest "mountain" (merely 535 ft) in Louisiana is what we'd call a foothill back home in the NW. So not much of a market for them.

The only access points for trying on "hunting boots" are basically Cabelas, Bass Pro and Academy.