Scarpa Rebel K or Crispi/Kenetrek?

K_pem

WKR
Currently on my second pair of Scarpa R-evolution Trek boots which I love, but wish they had more to offer for heavy pack outs and steep hills. Was looking for something a little stiffer/heavier duty for chasing elk in the north Idaho mountains where we are hopefully packing out heavy. I have jacked up knees so I feel like the lighter boots are a little less wear and tear than the clunkier heavy full leather boots but im torn. I've been eye balling the Scarpa Rebel K as an option cause of how light they are and my understanding is they are similar to the R-evo just a little stiffer/heavier duty. We hunt mostly archery season but always hunt some of the rifle seasons so warmth is somewhat of a consideration but theres always a trade off. My feet do sweat fairly badly and I try to mitigate that with liner and quality socks with regular changes but again im torn. Haha.

What are the general thoughts about going with these boots vs a leather boot like the Crispi Briksdal or like everyone seems to recommend Kenetreks and the like? Need some insight here.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I vote for Kenetrek. I have not so good knees and have some pretty bad sweaty feet. I deal with sweaty feet with good socks (I use SmartWool PhD hunt socks medium or heavy cushion) and extra socks. For me, the performance of the boot (traction, durability, ankle support, water resistance etc) was worth the trade off in weight. I have the mountain guides and I don’t plan on replacing them with anything but another pair when their time comes.

I haven’t used the other boots you mention but I have used a wide variety of boots in a wide variety of climates from -65F to 125F and have come to discover whatever boot makes my feet not hurt at the end of the day and doesnt mess my ankles up is the boot for me, regardless of weight. I’ve had too many insoles collapse, outsoles get chewed away in months or seams split to want to keep spending $100-$200 every month or two for comfort that doesn’t last too long. In my experience the heavier boots tend to last longer, not always true but they work for me. Hopefully you find something that works for you.

nphunter

WKR
Crispi will not work for you if your looking for a stiffer boot. I just sold my Crispi Nevada’s that I only wore one time because they were not nearly stiff enough, Meindl offers some decent boots, scarpa has a pile of boots beside the ones kuiu sell which are a good choice for a lighter stiff boot.

I’m currently in a Scarpa grand dru and it’s a medium weight really stiff boot, I was wearing a Meindl AK hunter and lowa Tibet prior. The scarpa is not quite as rugged and clunky as the AK hunter is but is stiffer. So far I’m enjoying the grand dru’s.

tdot

WKR
Check out the Scarpa Ribelle HD. Close, though not quite as stiff as Scarpa's biggest boots, but significantly lighter and with a fantastic sole that is very easy on my knees.

Ultimately it will come down to whatever one fits your foot the best