Scarpa Size question

Luked

WKR
I am looking at a Pair of Scarpa boots and they have Euro sizes.
I am a 9.5 M in US size. Scarpa has that listed at either a 42.5 or a 43 in Euro.
which would you all suggest to get. Ordering online and haven't ever used Scarpa before so just trying to get my info before ordering.

tdot

WKR
Depending on the last (the mould that they use to shape the internal boot structure) that they have chosen to use for each individual boot, I have Scarpa's in 45, 45.5 and 46. I measure as a 44.5 for length. It really depends on your foot and the shape of the boot.

Flydaho

Lil-Rokslider
For mountaineering boots, Scarpa recommends going up one size. Other than that, each boot will fit different on each foot. If you can't try them on in person it's best to order 2 sizes and return the one that doesn't make your feet as happy.

Everything posted above has been spot on. If its between the 42.5 or 43.... go with the 43's, especially if you're going to wear a heavier sock in your Scarpas.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
Would I be better off if I can go to a shoe store and get my foot measured for euro size?
Local guy here has been in the shoe business for years but doesn't sell these type of boots. His are just the normal type of boots like Rocky etc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
My kalish gtx fit me fine, I wear an 11 and they are 44.5 euro and 11 USA. I do not wear heavy socks with them thou.
They are pretty nice boots, btw. Got them on here, like new, used.

tdot

WKR
Would I be better off if I can go to a shoe store and get my foot measured for euro size?
Local guy here has been in the shoe business for years but doesn't sell these type of boots. His are just the normal type of boots like Rocky etc.

That will give you a starting point. But only a starting point. I've even had Scarpa reps tell me that not all of their 45's fit the same. There is just too many subtleties to an individual's foot. Length is only one variable.

I would suggest that at a minimum you buy atleast 2 sizes to try. If you can swing it, I'd also suggest that you buy atleast 2 different models as well, or even better, 2 brands. Trying them on sequentially will help make differences more obvious. Trying them a few weeks apart can hide subtle differences.

Personally, I have very hard to fit foot, but I know my foot, and I know what works. I usually pick as many models as I can find, try on 2 to 3 sizes, bring home anything that's close and then do continuous fitting at home until I get it down to 1 boot. It's not unusual to have 8+ pairs at home after having left another 10+ at the store. Often I dont even find 1 and have to wait until the next model year for new options. I start buying them all on the day my credit card rolls over, so I have a month to play around and get them all returned.

This might be a bit of an extreme method, but I've also been stuck with an improper fitting boot for a season or two, which is way worse. Some guys have an extremely easy time fitting a boot to their foot, count yourself lucky. If that's you.

Last edited:

Stalker69

WKR
I wear a lot of scarpa shoes, and I wear a size 10 in U.S. shoes. In scarpa I find a 43 fits about right.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
I ordered the 43 thos morning. Will see how they fit when they come in. They have plenty of the other sizes so I should be good. Hopefully the 43 will fit well

Stalker69

WKR
You will most likely be ok. I wear 10 and buy 43 in scarpa. The 43 are just a tad tight when I first get them, but settle in fine. And they can vary slightly also, sometimes they are exact sometimes just a bit loose.