scarpa triolet 149$

today's code for 25% + free shipping is KSP0559T. it worked on the triolets but not the charmoz for some reason. i was hoping to order both and send one back. i ended up ordering a pair of 43 and 44 triolets to see which will fit better. my luck i'll need 43.5 which wasn't in stock. i'll pass the deal on in the classifieds here before returning whatever doesn't work out.

KClark

WKR
I got in on it this morning and know nothing about these boots other than what has been posted in this thread. If I don't like them they'll be a pair of size 10 in the classifieds here. :)

kpk

WKR
I got in on it this morning and know nothing about these boots other than what has been posted in this thread. If I don't like them they'll be a pair of size 10 in the classifieds here. :)

I may buy your size 10's if I can't find a keycode that works! Anybody got one that's still working?? I haven't gotten any in an email from them.

Just got mine in the mail today.

Sharp looking pair of boots.

Seem to be suuuuuper heavy duty.

Couple of concerns:

Very stiff - going to take a lot to break them in. The sole seems to be way thicker than i am used to.

I hope these work well for an idaho elk hunt. I'll have to put in some miles before then obviously.

snakelk

WKR
I received another 25% off code today, with 99 cent shipping. Still looks like some guys aren't getting the emails for the discount. Try keycode JNZ58179.

Keep in mind this boot is designed for mountaineering and alpine ascents, and does have a stiff, crampon-compatible sole. The sole is not going to "break-in" much, if becoming more flexible is what one considers breaking in. They are not light weight, but mountaineering boots generally are going to be heavier overall. This is a stiff soled, supportive boot, and would likely be overkill for terrain that isn't steep, and involve some degree of rock and/or ice/snow.

Daniel_M

WKR
Just got mine in the mail today. Couple of concerns:

Very stiff - going to take a lot to break them in. The sole seems to be way thicker than i am used to.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I was of the impression from feedback that the synthetics require very little, if any, break-in in comparison to leathers.

snakelk

WKR
Correct me if I'm wrong here but I was of the impression from feedback that the synthetics require very little, if any, break-in in comparison to leathers.

I believe you are correct, at least based on my experience. I've been able to wear synthetic upper mountaineering boots out of the box without any issues. My old Asolo Pumori feel the same now as they did the first time I wore them, and they've been on a lot of alpine ascent/descents.

Daniel_M

WKR
I believe you are correct, at least based on my experience. I've been able to wear synthetic upper mountaineering boots out of the box without any issues. My old Asolo Pumori feel the same now as they did the first time I wore them, and they've been on a lot of alpine ascent/descents.

Roge. Boots have been hit or miss in my world, stuck with a size 14 and 13.5 feet. Normal toe box but narrow heels, low volume foot overall. Scarpa Kinesis have been treating me well so I ma plunge on the last pair, if they don't pan out well that $150 will be the least of my sunken boot purchases.

OP
N

nickstone

WKR
I just got mine and I am very happy with how they fit my feet. I ordered a 45.5 and they fit my feet the same way my La Sportiva Trango TRK in 45.5 do.

I've tried La Sportiva Cube in 45.5, and also Scarpa Charmoz in 46 and 45.5 and they both seem to be narrower than these.

Everything I read says the triolet have a wider last than their other models which is part of what sold me on them

Dobermann

WKR
Hmmm ... still no code in my inbox, and the most recent one posted above didn't work ... anyone have a new one?

Dobermann

WKR
Bump ... anyone have a recent code? I subscribed to their email newsletter but haven't got anything yet. Thanks in advance!

Dobermann

WKR
Thanks Nick! ;)

And for everyone else ... STP's standard pricing on these today is $160. Shipping was something like $17, but only a dollar with a working code.

They definitely moved pricing as far as I can tell. I priced them at $149 when the post came out. Now they are back to $199.
I bought 2 hats for $9 and they are back up to $12.99 same hat.

Get excited!

I put in the codes from my last three emails and get shipping for:
$17
$15 something
Free

Price is still $199 all three ways.
No more room in the closet anyway!

Get excited!