Scarpa Wrangell GTX

treeratslayer24

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone using this as a do-it-all boot?

I’m considering these for everything from tree stand hunts here in WV, to family hiking trips in the mountains(Colorado this coming year), to back country hunts like the Breaks or possibly looking at the Sawtooths area of Idaho.

Any input would be helpful! (Also considering Scarpa mostly because I can get a really solid discount on them)

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
They are stiff for the first 20 miles or so. Will take some break-in time for both the last and heavy padded tongue. Good toe box. If you have a medium width foot you'll have enough room for a heavy sock. I usually wear a EE width boot and had some slight rubbing on the sides of my big toes with a light wool sock so they didn't work for me. They are a heavy duty boot built to withstand rock and scree and steep slopes. On flat to rolling hill land they're a little too much boot.

OP
treeratslayer24

treeratslayer24

Lil-Rokslider
They are stiff for the first 20 miles or so. Will take some break-in time for both the last and heavy padded tongue. Good toe box. If you have a medium width foot you'll have enough room for a heavy sock. I usually wear a EE width boot and had some slight rubbing on the sides of my big toes with a light wool sock so they didn't work for me. They are a heavy duty boot built to withstand rock and scree and steep slopes. On flat to rolling hill land they're a little too much boot.
Sorry for the slow reply.. would you consider them a well rounded boot for what I’m looking to do? And is the waterproofing up to par? I’m sick of buying boots that start leaking 2 months later. (Currently my nicest boot has been an Irish Setter)

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
All gore-tex boots eventually leak. Its inevitable. Keep the leather in good condition and treat them right and you'll get more use. They will be WAY WAY stiffer than your irish setters. I would not use them for tree stand hunting. They are built with a stiff mountain last. They're not ski boot stiff at first, but on flat ground they'll take some getting used to while they break-in. They're made for going up/down/sidehilling steeper slopes. I'd look at at boot such as the Crispi Nevada or Lowa Tibet for a more well balanced boot for what you want to do. The Wrangells' last are stiffer than both of those.