Scent control for bow??

Do you guys do anything for scent control on hour bow? Spraying it or wiping it down .

not necessary ???

xOttox

FNG
Never thought about it. I suppose scents could get into the string or the grip (dependent on type) could hold odors. I would think a release wrist strap would hold your scent.

Note to self, spray release down.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I wipe my bow down every couple weeks during MN archery season - not sure if it really helps or not but it makes me feel like I tried...

henz08

FNG
I use limbsaver bow lubricant on mine. They say it’s odorless. Other than that, I don’t do anything else.

I only do it because I like to clean my bow after it gets wet, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayoh22

WKR
Really don't think it's necessary. I know they make bow wax wipes that are pine scented but honestly, if it makes you feel better and keeps you in the stand longer somehow then by all means do what you must.

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
Not needed. There are 100 other things they will smell first like your breath, dirty hat, and shoe laces. If your wind is blowing towards them, it doesn’t matter what they smell first.

Marshmi

FNG
I hit my grip with a wipe, mostly because I’m already using one for my hands and fully realizing it’s placebo. I’d hesitate to use any type of spray, though.

WCB

WKR
I don't think I have used scent killer or any special method for about 5 years now...if deer are down wind they are either going to smell you and run or for some reason walk in.

If you are concerned about it...just hit it with a couple squirts of spray and be done

OP
F
Yeap. If you want to get that knitty gritty with it... did you drive to your location in your hunting clothes? That means your hunting clothes were against your truck seat. The list goes on.

Don't worry about it.

i actually never drive to my hunting location in my clothes i get dressed outside my truck at the spot.

to be honest though i think i am going to stop all that. and just hunt the wind, its to much work thinking about and worry over my scent. if anything ill spray that bottom of my boots because thats what makes contact in the area i hunt.