Scent-Lok Savanna Vigilante Top and Bottom

rhendrix

WKR
I'm trying to build out a list of things I need to buy over the next year. Anyone have any experiece with these? Weight versus durability opnions? I wear the older Savanna stuff when I stand hunt in Texas, October is still pretty warm around here, figure that if I'm looking to save money and I know that Scent-Lok gear is fairly light weight and durable it'd be ok to hunt elk in, I don't have any experience with hunting at high eleveations though. I like KUIU gear, and I know everyone raves about Sitka, but I'm not trying to spend and arm and a leg, I thing with a underarmor shirt, lightweight top, vest, pants and some merino socks I'd be good to go for most weather conditions the first couple of weeks in the high country of CO, correct? If anyone could give me more insight into the weather and climate and appropriate clothing needed and amounts for a 7 day that'd be awesome.

Ron

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Crud, can a moderator move this to the Clothing forum for me, please?

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've used the older Savannah stuff quite a bit for elk hunting. Both tops and bottoms are reasonably well suited to elk hunting. Comfortable to hike in and the stretch is nice. I'm not familiar with the Vigilante version. I have been really happy with my Firstlite Merino wool clothing as of late. Nice and breathable, comfortable next to skin, very little odor absorption even after several days, warm when wet and dries quick. The savannah stuff doesn't breathe as well as the merino and I'm not a fan of the slight sheen on the fabric. I think the natural fibers in the First Lite wool absorb and reflect light differently and blend in better. I've had a couple critters pick me out even in well hidden spots in my savannah scent lok.

DC

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Thanks, I'm actually gonna try out some of Cabela's microtex gear, much more affordable!