Schaffer XV Rest

Wapiti1

WKR
Anyone use this rest? Looks interesting. Not sure of the reliability in dusty or freezing conditions.

One showed up at my house in a box of parts and I'm thinking of trying it out on my PSE DNA. It is well made, and seems workable.

Jeremy

Jotis

WKR
Anyone use this rest? Looks interesting. Not sure of the reliability in dusty or freezing conditions.

One showed up at my house in a box of parts and I'm thinking of trying it out on my PSE DNA. It is well made, and seems workable.

Jeremy
I have one it's the best rest I have used

spencecop

FNG
Super pleased with it. Zero issues after two years of use.
Very easy to setup and adjust. Customer service is fantastic as well.

OP
W

Wapiti1

WKR
Hmmm. Thanks guys. That gives me a bit more confidence in it. Gotta admit it is a little odd and that usually means quirky. Quirky gear can be good, or really annoying. I did some searches and it has been around a while.

Jeremy

Have a mathews specific one but no mathews bow anymore.. I enjoyed it while I had it. Might even swap out my Hamskea for one.

OP
W

Wapiti1

WKR
Finally had a chance to install this on my PSE DNA. Easy install with the universal plate. The springs are pretty stiff, so securely tying in the actuation cable is critical. I left it long and tied into the cable at the serving nearer the cam to help keep it from slipping. I'll shoot it like this for a while, then probably press the bow, and split the string to tie in higher. No reason other than tidiness and I suppose one less thing to snag branches with.

It tuned quickly. The bow was already in good shape, so it took only a little while to get bareshafts hitting with field points at 20 and 40 yards. Next up broadheads.

Overall, it is an interesting rest. I like the lock feature, but it is a little awkward to set. Once set, though it is the most secure containment rest I have seen. It operates silently, but is a bit stiff. I assume it will smooth out over time. It uses a short cord for timing and control of the inboard arm, and the actuation cable pulls on the outboard arm. These will have to be monitored for stretch and wear, but I doubt they will be a problem.

That's it for now. Just need to shoot it more and get used to it.

Jeremy