Scheels !

WKR
Initially I had the same concern of storing a bow under tension, but from what you described, it does make sense, sort of. It was a loaded weapon, so you have to expect that it can fire at any moment and take appropriate precautions, both in where the projectile can go, and in the damage that the limbs can do during firing. I keep my cocked and loaded for hours at a time, but it's always pointed in a safe direction and you stay out of the way of the limbs and out of the "death triangle". It's why carrying one in the woods is such a pain in the butt.

Glad no one was hurt and that Scheels has a satisfied customer.

Mosby

WKR
Just ordered some bullets from them tonight. My biggest fear is they get bought by Dick's.

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
That’s awesome. I’ve never needed to deal with their customer service but I’m glad that there’s been very good feedback.

DAD

FNG
I would love to know the brand of crossbow since I am in the market for a new one.

brocksw

WKR
Just ordered some bullets from them tonight. My biggest fear is they get bought by Dick's.
Not gonna happen. They're a family owned company with multiple generations in management and a very good ESOP for their employees. I worked for a Scheels store part time for 8 years selling guns and other hunting stuff. Best main stream sporting goods store in business, bar none. Their online presence is catching up to some of the other outdoors stores, and they don't have the huge online warehouses that offers unlimited in stock merchandise, but I always buy from Scheels when I can. Very few stores in the country that operate like Scheels and I believe its one of the reasons their brick and mortar locations are still thriving.

Last edited:

Kindo

WKR
I can attest to their CS being top notch when I worked there in college. Very “traditional” type values in the business. Come in to work with a 5 o’clock shadow? There’s a single blade Bic razor and some dial soap in the employee bathroom, go take care of it.
I once witnessed a manager agree to refund/exchange a watch for a gentleman who was unhappy with it. The watch was at least 5 years old with a non-original band and was one of those $40 Casio style watches. The kicker was, Scheels had never sold that brand of watch....ever. The man was insistent so the manager took the watch and offered him a $40 in-store credit.