Schnee Beartooth- Insulated, or not? That is the question.

R-K

FNG
Schnee's is having their spring sale right now, and I'm seriously considering a pair of Beartooths to upgrade from my primary boots- a set of leaking, tattered asolo hikers. I borrowed a pair of Beartooths from a friend a couple years ago, and immediately fell in love with the fit and flex.

The question I have, is do I spend more for the uninsulated boot, or go with the 200 g for slightly less money? These will most likely turn into my most used boot, for absolutely everything outdoors year-round. I live in Montana, and I got my first taste of mountain hunting last fall with a mule deer. Also fell in love with archery elk hunting, but I wasn't as successful at that. But summer hiking through late rifle elk, was hoping for one boot to do it all like I managed with the asolos.

I do have a pair of 400 g Columbia hikers that I used for ice fishing and treestand whitetails, but they're just way too hot to hike in.

Uninsulated. Sweaty feet make cold feet. Especially if you are looking for something to wear summer-early season.
It depends on you personally. My feet tend to run on the warm side. I have a pair of Whites Outdoorsman boots that are non-insulated. I love them and my feet stay plenty warm even when there's 16" of snow and it's zero degrees out.

fatlander

WKR
I’d go uninsulated. Sweaty feet get cold in a hurry. And wet feet turn soft so they are more prone to get torn up during the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R-K

R-K

FNG
Thanks for the advice- I'll probably pull the trigger on the ones in my cart. Might try looking for a discount code somewhere, though, see if it applies to a sale item.

sd375

Lil-Rokslider
I just went through the same decision as you and chose the uninsulated. I’ve always thought they fit better than insulated. The boots showed up today, feel free to PM me if you have other questions.

BigPrince

FNG
I've got a pair of uninsulated and they are too cold for treestand whitetails but great for hunts with more hiking. I'm debating buying a pair of insulated. For me the beartooth run narrow so the uninsulated I have are 14 wides. Wondering if I should go up to a 15 for room for the insulation.

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
For a general use boot I would go uninsulated for sure. I can hike around in my timberlines down into the teens no problem. My ability to sit and glass just gets cut short. If you were looking for a dedicated late season boot then I would start looking at insulated.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Would agree with most and o uninsulated unless you plan on wearing them in sub-freezing temps a lot. Ihave a pair of the 200's and my feet are always hot unless its below freezing.
- Matt