Schnees Beartooth 2 or Timberline?

Not every St. Patrick's Day... :rolleyes:.

But we do like to hook up Rokslide members, so PM me anytime your looking to get something and I'll see what I can do.
Thinking of buying pair of Timberline and Beartooth 2 insulated..can you hook me up with a discount or coupon? Thanks in advance!

elledge

FNG
Just wanted to chime in on this thread and bring it back to life. I live in Boise, ID and hunt the surrounding hills, wondering if the Timberline will be sufficient with its flexibility or if it would be recommended to go with the Beartooth? Thanks!

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
Been a long time user of Beartooths. Convinced my dad and 2 hunting buddies to get them too and we absolutely love them. I have one uninsulated pair and 1 pair with 200g of insulation if I remember correctly. I use them for elk, mule deer, antelope, whitetail and pheasant hunting. I never get cold feet in them if moving. I don't hunt a lot of super hot weather so I cannot help you on that front. Honestly, if you forced me to only have 1 piece of footwear for the rest of my life, it would be Schnees Beartooth. Super comfy, perfect support for my uses, and great durability. I have a pair from 2008 that are getting a little beat up, but I just cannot stop wearing them.

Elk_eatr

FNG
I have both pairs and love them both. I do a lot of backpack hunts and will usually choose the beartooth over the timberline due to the stiffness, but I’ll typically go with the timberline in the early season. For me the timberlines felt like they had a zero break in period and were flexible but not overly so. Sounds like for your use you’d be pleased with the flex of the timberline

I'm having the same dilemma. I hunt in California in August when the temps hit 100+. I'm leaning towards the Timberlines, but I plan on hunting out of state too. I like the idea of the extra rigidity of the beartooth as the hills are steep were I hunt too. 🤷‍♂️

I have both. I use my Beartooths mostly out west..really like the stiffness with lots of elevation and loaded pack. I wear the Timberlines pretty much everywhere else. They are both great boots..I just don't feel like I need the stiffness of the Beartooths to hunt locally as I am usually day hunting and not carrying a load.

I'm having the same dilemma. I hunt in California in August when the temps hit 100+. I'm leaning towards the Timberlines, but I plan on hunting out of state too. I like the idea of the extra rigidity of the beartooth as the hills are steep were I hunt too. 🤷‍♂️
Have you mad a decision? I'm in the same boat

Have you mad a decision? I'm in the same boat
I just got the Timberlines last week. I've put 20 miles so far. Glad I decided to go with them over the beartooth. They're burly, but light weight and not to stiff. I'm sure they'll be hot in summer, but when it's 100 everything is hot! They may still be running the sale. I got then for almost $100 off retail.

elledge

FNG
Not every St. Patrick's Day... :rolleyes:.

But we do like to hook up Rokslide members, so PM me anytime your looking to get something and I'll see what I can do.
I'm still not sure which ones to get, yet. I'm leaning towards the uninsulated Beartooth. I figure with leather boots they don't breathe and I can wear thick socks. I live in Idaho and hunt as often as I can and all times of the year. I am unable to DM here as I don't have enough posts yet. Maybe you can send me an email and we can see what options there are for a discount? Thanks for offering this to us all! [email protected]

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm still not sure which ones to get, yet. I'm leaning towards the uninsulated Beartooth. I figure with leather boots they don't breathe and I can wear thick socks. I live in Idaho and hunt as often as I can and all times of the year. I am unable to DM here as I don't have enough posts yet. Maybe you can send me an email and we can see what options there are for a discount? Thanks for offering this to us all! [email protected]

Hi there. The promo code is still around, but does not stack on top of sale pricing. So I would take advantage of the 20% off sale right now. As for insulation, I have a pair of the 200g boots and wish I had the 0g ones most of the time.. but my feet run hot 99% of the time.

- Matt

Rokwiia

WKR
I have the Timberlines and they are the best boots I've ever owned. I also just bought a pair of the Absaroka which is a slightly more stiff (3 vs 2) version of the Beartooth.

It's all about personal preference and The Timberlines provide plenty of support and stiffness without surrendering flex. The newly-purchased Absaroka are very stiff but are a lower boot which is what I was interested in as a second boot. They are also very comfortable so I'll keep them in spite of their lack of flex.

If I could only have one outdoor boot, it would be the Timberlines--all day long.

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
Might check these out, I just ordered a pair but there not here yet.

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider

wiiawiwb I received them today, The fit is great and they feel good I think. I've been wearing them around the inside of the house just trying to make sure. I know from the review above stated they were stiff new and that is no joke but there supposed to loosen up (more flex) so that is what I'm going with. I can't imagine ever wanting a stiffer boot but that's just me, I don't pack in hunt, only carry heavy packs when packing out meat. They seem to be well made and one hell of a boot for $287.00. Time will tell. What are your thoughts wiiawiwb?​

Rokwiia

WKR
The jury is still out with the Kestrels. Once I tried on the Absaroka and Timberlines, there was no question from the start they were keepers. They fit like a glove with no concerns about blisters, heel lift, or rubbing. There are spots when wearing the Kesterls where there is rubbing, and heel lift on my left foot, and that concerns me.

Everyone's foot is different and sometimes a boot which fits your left foot perfectly doesn't work out well on your right foot. I like the design of the Kestrel and suspect they will loosen up with use. We'll see.

footingit

FNG
I can’t find on the Schnee’s site, do you have to pay for return shipping if you return them due to fit/etc? I’m thinking of checking out the Timberline from the current sale going on.

I have the Timberlines and they are the best boots I've ever owned. I also just bought a pair of the Absaroka which is a slightly more stiff (3 vs 2) version of the Beartooth.

It's all about personal preference and The Timberlines provide plenty of support and stiffness without surrendering flex. The newly-purchased Absaroka are very stiff but are a lower boot which is what I was interested in as a second boot. They are also very comfortable so I'll keep them in spite of their lack of flex.

If I could only have one outdoor boot, it would be the Timberlines--all day long.
I'm waiting for my timberlines to come in the mail. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t find on the Schnee’s site, do you have to pay for return shipping if you return them due to fit/etc? I’m thinking of checking out the Timberline from the current sale going on.
I don't think you do, I bought some Timberlines but had to return them due to getting too big of a size. I was never charged shipping.