Schnee's Beartooth Break-In

Berdno21

FNG
Just picked up a pair of these during their 40% OFF Sale.. I could resist.

Initial thought is this is a very comfortable boot. I did notice however during taking steps, I get a crease along the top of my toes that is quite uncomfortable. Does anyone know if this goes away upon break-in?

TIA.

Tradchef

WKR
I run the beartooth 2 and the Hunter 2 pack boots and love them. The beartooths took me about 50 miles or so to break in. I did pull the stock insoles out and pop a pair of super feet greens in there and they are tits. Not sure about the crease as I don’t have that on mine.

ChrisAU

WKR
Just got my Beartooths in last week and love them, if they get more comfortable after a break in period I can't imagine how great they are. As for the crease on the top of the foot, I had that problem with two different pair of Crispis. I called Crispi about it and they said it was a sizing issue that would not go away. That crease needs to be where your toes flex from your foot but the boot was sized correct for my foot. Just an incompatibility issue with my foot and the boot design, that may be the case for you with the Schnees.

OP
B

Berdno21

FNG
Thanks, I am awaiting a call back from Schnee's CS to discuss. I would hate to have to exchange or return as they feel great when sitting and it was a hell of a deal. Sizing feels right to me.

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same "crease" with my insulated Beartooths. I've just been wearing them around for shorter hikes and it has gone away.

Do you have a narrow foot? I had the same issue I had to loosen the toe box and use a twist in the laces above the locks. YMMV

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
I had that crease issue on one boot. Easing up the laces closest to the toe solved it for me. The locking system still lets me be snug enough everywhere else

I had the crease issue for about 8-10 miles on mine but I think it was a lacing issue due to user error. My favorite boot I’ve ever had. Extremely comfortable for my feet. Took me about 50 miles to break in and have just gotten more comfortable as time and wear has gone on.

marktole

WKR
I had that issue on one foot and unfortunately never got it to go away. Right foot was really uncomfortable with every step. Left foot thought it was one of its all time favorite boots. Schnees CS was nice enough to let me return them even after about 80 miles of wear on them because I couldn’t get the pressure on the top of my foot to go away.

My best tooth 2s took a lot of miles to break and be comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7layerburrito

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Seconding and thirding all the crease comments: I have a pair of Beartooths and a pair of Timberlines and that was part of the break-in for both. And yeah, messing with the lace tightness while breaking them in is part of the process.

I was shocked at how quickly both sets of boots broke in.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just picked up a pair of these during their 40% OFF Sale.. I could resist.

Initial thought is this is a very comfortable boot. I did notice however during taking steps, I get a crease along the top of my toes that is quite uncomfortable. Does anyone know if this goes away upon break-in?

TIA.

How are your new boots treating you now? Hoping they are breaking in nicely at this point.

- Matt

ahard.270

FNG
My beartooths demolished my pinky toe’s in 5 days of hunting. Primarily when going downhill. Hope that goes away as time goes on cause I sure did enjoy them and their support.

7layerburrito

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Hmm, it's been my experience that if you're sliding forward on downhill that you're either not locked in well enough across the top of your foot (which you can try to tighten or may just be foot/ankle shape incompatibility) OR that maybe your insole is sliding. I mention this because it happened to me in a pair of Granites -- I had to use tape between the footbed and insole of the boot to keep the Schnee's insole in place. It was sliding forward like someone pulling a rug out from under your feet when I was going downhill and my toes jammed into the toe box. So, check that out and see if that helps. (FWIW I ended up selling the Granites because they didn't work for me and am now in a pair of Absaroka Mids that I l absolutely love).

Elk_eatr

FNG
Do you have a narrow foot? I had the same issue I had to loosen the toe box and use a twist in the laces above the locks. YMMV
I have a narrow foot and had the same issue with my beartooth 2. I did the same thing and loosened the toe box and kept wearing the snot out of them. Haven’t had any issues since break in, one of my favorite boots!