Schnees Beartooth II insole problem

I bought a pair of Schnees Beartooth IIs several months back. My first few trips out I loved the boots, but noticed my left insole kept sliding forward and eventually bunching up in the toes and causing blisters. I contacted Schnees and they were quick to help and offered to send me a half size bigger set of insoles and said that often helped. Finally got around to getting them back out today on a 5 mile hike. This time they slid and bunched up even worse and in 5 miles blistered me pretty good. I love the boots, just wondering what I can do to solve this issue. The insoles aren’t uncomfortable, but I feel like I need to look at some aftermarket ones. Anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks
09498FC4-90FE-48A8-9FD7-FF3FAAA7F870.jpeg
441D85B7-4008-4EB6-B7F0-1FD3BB10AED0.jpeg

I have the beartooth originals and IIs, I replaced insoles with superfeet trailblazers and had zero problems, I’d try that.

the flimsy insoles that come in boots are meant to be replaced. get yourself some superfeet!

I’ve used superfeet too. Currently, and over the last 5 or so years, I’m running SOLE red (medium thickness) insoles in my beartooths and have really enjoyed them.

OP
W
Looked up super feet and see tons of options. Which direction should I go on those??

wildcat33

WKR
Factory insoles are garbage across the board. Schnees is no different. Why boot companies dont offer a decent one to begin with is beyond me. Assuming "everyone is just going to replace the insole with one they like" is crap.

Toss em and pony up for some sof soles, superfeet, etc

The stock insoles are comfy but I immediately upgraded to a pair of custom SheepFeet insoles. Just put them in and they fit like a glove. Going for a hike tomorrow and hoping for good things.

7layerburrito

Lil-Rokslider
Exact same thing happened to me. I was deep in the middle of nowhere and doubled up some duct tape underneath them to get through a hunt comfortably.

I'm rare that I'm in the anti-Superfeet camp, I have crazy high arches and spend every moment it's socially acceptable barefoot so having a ton of support just irks me. I put Oboz o-fit in my boots to replace the Schnee's insole mess and I like them fine.

Warning about any insole with a hard plastic liner -- it can be great for your feet if you don't have lots of arch strength and pliability in your feet BUT it can shred your waterproof/gortex/sympatex liner. A buddy destroyed a pair of Timberlines a few years back with a hard-plastic cup insole, it just sliced through the liner. There are multiple reports of this in these forums. I suspect it can be ameliorated by making sure your insoles are trimmed to fit very well.

The Oboz are only 30 bucks or so, I've been happy with them, but I've also never had foot or blister problems no matter what I wear (blessed) so take my feedback with a grain of salt. Except for the hard plastic insole risk, that shit is real.

Jhoneyman

Lil-Rokslider
I wear tl beartooth IIs and use sheepfeet. In my experience Sheepfeet are worth every penny and if you have an HSA you can use that money to pay for them.

The stock insoles are comfy but I immediately upgraded to a pair of custom SheepFeet insoles. Just put them in and they fit like a glove. Going for a hike tomorrow and hoping for good things.

Update: Spent all day in my new Beartooth II with the SheepFeet insoles and the experience was amazing. Never have I had boots with such great fit & feel, especially right out of the box. Like others have mentioned, SheepFeet are pricey but definitely worth every penny and if you have an HSA they cover it. IMO it’s the one thing I won’t skimp on and run the risk of prematurely ending what could be the hunt of a lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk