Schnee’s Beartooth II

Any Schnee’s owners out there?

On the hunt for some proper chukar hunting boots. I ordered a pair of Scarpa SL Actives. The boot fit good, last and footbed seemed good but had a little heel lift, problem was the upper felt like it was way too soft for the stiff sole. Mountaineering sole and light hiker upper. I have been waiting for Schnee’s to get my size in and finally a Beartooth in my size came back in on return.

On a brannok device I wear a 14 and 14 1/2, 15 arch and I have a pretty narrow foot A+ B, so I usually need to fill some volume and add a thicker insole and wear heavy socks.

These things showed up today and it felt like a full size too small with regular socks on. The heel fit is amazing and I love the flex of the boot. Everything about it is ideal for what I want except my toes are really cramped in the front. Almost touching, not comfortably fitting a finger behind my heel when loose and can’t move my toes around. I’m not sure a wide would even help the issue. I have never had this issue with any size 15 boot or shoe in any brand.

Do they run small, wondering if they may have been miss marked and that is why they were returned the first time? When I talked to Schnee’s before ordering, I was told the toe box was wider than Scarpa, and I was worried they would be too big, not even close.

Thanks,
Garrison

Last edited:

peterk123

WKR
I am a 10 1/2 and the 10 1/2 Beartooth was spot on for me. Spacious finger space at heel and lots of room in the toe box. I am on the narrow side of a normal width. It fits best for me with a liner sock and thick wool sock. Whithout the sock liner it is also fine, but I have to lace it just a bit tighter. Heel is locked in.

Last edited:

TSAMP

WKR
Mine ran a little small. I'm a 10.5 usually and I'm running an 11 now. The 10.5s were OK but if I hiked downhill I could feel my toes hitting the toe box..told schnees and they sent me size 11 over pretty quick.

OP
395Garrison
Thanks for the replies. Had my brother come try them on who wears a 14 shoe and they were too tight on him. My friend in Bozeman went and tried on a pair who normally wears Tibets and said he had plenty of room in his normal size 11.

Something is not quite right. Back in the mail.