Schnee's beartooth or granite

Happened to be in Bozeman the other day and stopped by Schnee's to try on some boots. I had originally planned on getting the beartooth booths, but also tried on the granite which is stiffer.

I hunt primarily in Idaho spending a lot of time side hilling and going up and down between Hells Canyon and also the sawtooth wilderness. I primarily hunt these areas mid to late season. Early season is rare and I wear Salomon boots for that.

Is the stiffer boot generally worth it when spending time in the mountains or is the tradeoff not worth it? I know it is somewhat unique to the person, but wanted to get some feedback to try to make the right decision the first time.

fatlander

WKR
I’ve got some granite pros and I couldn’t be happier. The sole is pretty stiff out the box but gets a little mor flex to it over time. I’ve got about 75 miles on mine and they are my favorite boots I’ve ever had to date. I like a stiffer sole in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
silverbullet555
I’ve got some granite pros and I couldn’t be happier. The sole is pretty stiff out the box but gets a little mor flex to it over time. I’ve got about 75 miles on mine and they are my favorite boots I’ve ever had to date. I like a stiffer sole in the mountains.

Those are even stiffer than the regular granites. What were you using prior so I have some reference?

Spoon063

FNG
I have both the beartooth and granite2. Both are absolute fantastic boots. I think for me personally, I prefer the granites based on the taller ankle support. All around they’re just a solid well balanced boot

Elk_Guapo

FNG
I got a pair of Granites a couple weeks ago. While my feet feel indestructible in them, compared to the Lowa Renegade GTX I've been wearing, I think they're overkill for the terrain I typically hunt in. I'm planning to return them for a pair of Beartooths.

Yooper

WKR
These are the same two boots I"m looking at as well. Still leaning towards the Granite as I tend to like a stiffer soled boot. Choices......

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
I have the beartooth for the last two years and have been very satisfied. I’ve used them all around from upland game, whitetail hunting, as well as in the black hills. I feel confident they should work well in CO this year.