Schnees Beartooth vs. Crispi Idaho

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
Will be used for generalist hunting in the Midwest, and an upcoming Idaho Elk hunt. I wear 10.5 EE in my current Irish Setters.

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
I think the more direct comparison would be to crispi Nevada. I wanted to buy Nevada’s but the local store where I tried them on sold their pair in my size before I came back with cash. Everyone including black ovis was out of stock. I took a chance on the beartooth and like them. Also would probably have liked the Nevada. I personally wouldn’t spend $400 on a cordura boot, but I’m sure the Idaho are a good option in that style.

I can’t speak to the Schnees, but I just picked up a pair of Idaho’s last week. Never had a boot fit my foot that well, can’t wait to start piling the miles on. The ankle support is fantastic, and I found them to fit much better than the Crispi summit.

hoff1ck

WKR
Can't comment on Idaho's but I have tried a pair of Wyomings. Ordered both those and the Nevadas to try since I have no local retailers. The Nevada fit my foot like a glove, but the Wyoming wasn't quite as nice of a fit for me. I think the Idaho would be a serviceable boot for sure, but if you get the chance to order a couple pairs with the intention of returning one or two, or trying some on in person somewhere you'll likely be money ahead. Ran the Nevadas here in the midwest this past fall and loved them. Will also use them on a elk hunt this fall.

J.J.Boo

Lil-Rokslider
id add kenetrek to your list to look at. Mountain Extreme NI or 400 gram.

Scheels has several Crispi models..can't remember if they have the Idahos or not, but I tried on some Guides last time I was there and they are awesome.