Schnees Eyelet pressure

slowelk

WKR
The only thing I don't like about that locking eyelet is that it eats through laces. I have Schnes's granites that I love, but in the two years I've had them I'm on my third set of laces with the first two pairs shredding in that eyelet.

cgr1971

FNG
I had a lot of trouble finding any boots that fit me well while shopping this fall. I have been wearing 11 mediums for my whole adult life and I turned fifty in August. Naturally, I ordered all the boots I tried on in a size 11 medium and none of them fit well. I decided to go to a local shoe store and had my foot measured in a brannock device and found that my feet grew in size which after doing some Google searches and reading is a normal thing as we age. I now measure between an 11.5 and 12. I also have a fairly wide forefoot. I ended up reordering Beartooths in 11.5 wide, 12, and 12 wide. The 11.5 wide fit me well. I also tried a lot of other brands and the wide in other brands were too loose. The Beartooths in wide are wider in the toe box. but aren't loose and sloppy in the mid foot and heel.

I've dealt with Matt, Cody, and Michael at Schnees and they've all been very helpful and understanding with all the shipping back and forth to get me boots that fit. It's pretty embarrassing that I didn't know what size my feet were. I never knew your feet could change sizes over time. It was a giant PITA, but in the end I ended up with two pair of Beartooths, one uninsulated, and one insulated.

I suggest getting your feet measured and trying different sizes like I did.

jelloyeti

FNG
Yeah, I’m surprised more people don’t have the same problem. I sent them back and they’re sending me a new pair, I’m not too confident it will make a difference but I thought I’d give it a try. Only shitty part is all the sales on Crispi and other brands just passed but if they don’t work out I’ll probably try some Nevada’s or Meindls.
Did you end up with Schnee's boots? Did the pinching quit?

OP
Y

Yuhboyrob

FNG
I didn’t end up keeping them. The problem hurt my feet to bad. I ended up getting crispi nevadas and love them