Schnees Granite Pros

Blandry

WKR
These are going to be fantastic boots this season. I've put about 10 miles on them and they're fitting like a glove. I typically try a new boot every few seasons and these are w/o a doubt a notch above my last boots, the Crispi Briksdal. They're definitely requiring more break-in (similar to a kenetrek). I've heard stories of leaking but Schnees will make it right. I could stand in water in my Crispis and not leak. The full grain leather feels substantial vs the briksdals which required no break in. The outsole appears the same italian par for the course. Picked the granite pros up with schnees 20% off for $399 shipped.IMG-5572.jpg

Last edited:

Rokwiia

WKR
I'm sold on Schnees. I have the Timberline and Absaroka and wouldn't trade for any other boot, stock or custom.

Congrats on the Granite Pros and many happy miles with them.

OP
Blandry

Blandry

WKR
these boots are leaking.. its unfortunate. Even leaking around the rand.

Attachments

• IMG-5691.jpg
    IMG-5691.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-5691.jpg
    IMG-5691.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-5693.jpg
    IMG-5693.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 40
OP
Blandry

Blandry

WKR
Just wanted to come back and say Schnee's customer service was awesome. I had another pair of granite pros in a week and these don't leak. Love the boots and these new ones don't have the collar and left big toe rub areas the first pair had. They definitely fit better and don't leak so good to go.

id_jon

WKR
Good to hear. I've been following this, I'm also going to be adding some granite pros soon, Briksdals are my main boot currently. I just hate the pocket over the toes on the briksdals when there's snow on the ground, even if they don't leak, I get a cold spot there with the water/snow that collects.

OP
Blandry

Blandry

WKR
They're pretty awesome boots.. real deal mountain boot. VERY stiff, which is just how I like them. A LOT stiffer than the regular briksdals. I think just like any custom itialian you can hit and miss. Fortunately Schnees has great customer service. It took me a few weeks to get them returned but a new pair was sent immediately. Can't beat that service.

I can tell you this.. they are warmer than the non-insulated briksdals but breathe just as well. I guess the thicker, full grain leather is the difference and the sympatex liner, which supposedly breathes better than gore tex (and prob why they're more leak prone).

So far they seem like a great deal @$399 current price.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited: