Schnee’s Problems

Prime28

FNG
Good afternoon, I am new to the site but have used it for years to research topics. Most recently I used it to decide on a boot. I’ve always worn Irish setters and thoroughgood work boots but wanted a better boot for working in and some hunting.

So I settled on schnees beartooth 0g. I ordered them on 2/13 received them around 2/19. As I was putting the left one on, the eyelet ripped out of the boot. $400 boot, but I understand nothing is perfect. So I return the boots, and today 3/24 I received my replacement pair and couldn’t wait to finally enjoy some nice boots. They sent the same boots “repaired” and low and behold, I never got above that same eyelet and it pulls out without any tension applied.

I called schnees and they say all they can do is get me another pair or refund my money.

So with that all being said, and even though I’m told schnees has a great product, I would like some advice as to what is comparable to the beartooths because I don’t think it’s worth another few weeks of waiting just to have the same thing happen again.

Attachments

• C0167701-F40F-44C6-B44B-69DDAEB3E98A.jpeg
    C0167701-F40F-44C6-B44B-69DDAEB3E98A.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 3F638272-07B1-41E5-A2B2-1C79BAAD79C1.jpeg
    3F638272-07B1-41E5-A2B2-1C79BAAD79C1.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 904FD4F9-20B2-42A5-BFAE-2992DD51D984.jpeg
    904FD4F9-20B2-42A5-BFAE-2992DD51D984.jpeg
    359.4 KB · Views: 152

peterk123

WKR
That is a bummer. All I can say is that I have been breaking in/wearing mine for the past two months or so and they have been the best things I have ever placed on my feet. Same goes for my wife. It broke in beautifully and quickly. I wear them all day long, day after day and not a hot spot, blister or any discomfort. I use it for training with 50 pounds on my back and my feet are just happy. I understand your frustration though. At that price point things like that should not happen.....twice.

Rokwiia

WKR
Sorry to hear about your experience. I love Schnee boots and every one I've had was impeccably built.

If the boots feel comfortable, I'd suggest calling them one more time, insisting on a new pair, and requesting that someone personally examine the boots before shipping them out.

JakeSCH

WKR
Yeah that is frustrating! I have been running mine for 3 years, probably close to 1000 miles and still in great shape.

I have found that since covid hit last year, a lot of top notch companies have been sending less than stellar stuff.

OP
P

Prime28

FNG
The other real disappointment is that when I asked why it was taking so long to send a new pair I was told that they sold out of them and were waiting on new ones to come in. I understood, but then they sent the same pair back “fixed” so it was just a blatant lie about the new ones.

It just feels bad all around, if they would’ve sent the new pair they were supposedly waiting on, there probably wouldn’t have been an issue again.

Also I am a business owner and understand things happen, but it just seems schnee isn’t going to go above and beyond to fix their mistake.

A couple of my employees wear meindl, what is everyone’s thoughts on those?

Richieber

FNG
Not sure about Meindl but Crispi Nevada's are top notch. High quality, nearly no break in time and very comfortable for my feet.

A Schnee's rep is a member here, I bet he chimes in on this thread. Otherwise, gave you looked at Scarpa boots.

OP
P

Prime28

FNG
I haven’t, I did look at crispis. schnee just won out from my research. I assume you have had good luck with scarpa?

wildcat33

WKR
Getting a "repaired" set back stings. But if they fit and work for your style, I wouldn't hold a grudge. Its hard to find the right pair of boots.

I bought a new, but second hand, pair of mtn boots from a member here from another boutique brand that gets talked about on here. Almost the exact things happened to me and this company simply told me "sorry, check a local shoe repair shop".

I haven’t, I did look at crispis. schnee just won out from my research. I assume you have had good luck with scarpa?
I love my Scarpa's, they just fit me exceptionally well and do their job in taking care of my feet.

chasewild

WKR
Man, that is frustrating.

I was in the original absaroka tall. Amazing boot. I wore the hell out of it and it is still my go-to leather boot.

I have a light pair of scarpa zodiac techs. Not nearly as comfortable, but it's decent. I sold my scarpa charmoz as those were way too stiff.

OP
P

Prime28

FNG
Getting a "repaired" set back stings. But if they fit and work for your style, I wouldn't hold a grudge. Its hard to find the right pair of boots.

I bought a new, but second hand, pair of mtn boots from a member here from another boutique brand that gets talked about on here. Almost the exact things happened to me and this company simply told me "sorry, check a local shoe repair shop".
The problem is that the repaired pair broke before I ever got them half laced.

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
I just got some as well. So far I haven't seen any issues, only had a chance to wear them around the house a bit. Their customer service reps seem to be helpful so they should take care of you. Question on the fit. Do yours feel snug? I have only ever worn a regular width, but after having my foot properly measured I realized I was a wide. So I ordered wide, and they didn't seem as wide as I was thinking they would be. There feel good with one sock, if I do a two sock system, they feel a tad snug but I think that's probably just the new leather. Length is perfect and they feel comfortable. I think I just need to get them lubed up and broken in.

xcutter

WKR
An eyelet pulled out on my Timberline's after about 7 months of use. I was so bummed. Sent them to Schnee's and they repaired them but it doesn't seem to be in the boot like it once was. I'm afraid to really lace up the boot tight like I used to. Schnee's did fix them no questions asked or cost except I had to pay to ship them to them.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I would absolutely contact them and just lay it out there, and let them know you’re just trying them and so far it’s far from what you’d expect - I’m confident they wouldn’t jerk your around. I’ve dealt with their customer service with a pair that didn’t meet my expectations and I had a new pair shipped to me after eval, which was stand up CS in my opinion.

OP
P

Prime28

FNG
I would absolutely contact them and just lay it out there, and let them know you’re just trying them and so far it’s far from what you’d expect - I’m confident they wouldn’t jerk your around. I’ve dealt with their customer service with a pair that didn’t meet my expectations and I had a new pair shipped to me after eval, which was stand up CS in my opinion.
This is what I hear about them all the time, that they are great to deal with. But 1st pair faulty, told would take a few weeks to get the 2nd pair to me because they sold out of my size. Then I receive the same pair, repaired, faulty. So they lied about waiting on a new pair.

You may be confident that they wouldn’t jerk someone around, but what are your thoughts on that? That to me seems like a pretty straightforward lie,

MT_Wyatt

WKR
This is what I hear about them all the time, that they are great to deal with. But 1st pair faulty, told would take a few weeks to get the 2nd pair to me because they sold out of my size. Then I receive the same pair, repaired, faulty. So they lied about waiting on a new pair.

You may be confident that they wouldn’t jerk someone around, but what are your thoughts on that? That to me seems like a pretty straightforward lie,

Well it doesn’t really matter what my opinion is - it won’t help resolve the situation. If that happened to me, I can guarantee you I’d be on the phone with them letting them know I was unsatifsfied and either wanted a new pair or a refund. Since they didn’t have you size available, not sure how you can fault them for being “short” and trying to fix the existing pair to worn. Obviously that didn’t work out.

I’m not sure what’s transpired over the past two weeks since I replied, but it sounds like nothing? Did you call them? Talking about it further on here won’t do a damn thing.

Since you took the time to call them out on here and lay out how they’ve treated you, I think it would be appropriate to close the loop and post how they are resolving it. I’m all for getting the word out there and holding them accountable - but seeking satisfaction through my personal opinion is just nonsensical in this case.

Let us know how it turns out......I would guess a full refund is probably best.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Oh and “lied” might be giving them too much credit - you’re probably dealing with CS and warranty folks, who probably didn’t talk to each other as often as they should, which is certainly a fault to call them out for - I’d chalk that up to confusion before purposeful deceit, especially when hopping onto the the internet to bash them. You can’t be certain they lied to you, and assuming so doesn’t resolve anything.

I’ve read a number of crap encounters with their customer service on here - I 100% believe it. Just pointed out that was not my experience with them at all.

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
I have Beartooths and love them. No issues. I have a couple other pairs as well and had to deal with their customer service once and it was one of the best customer experiences of my life.