Schnee’s Problems

Ten Bears

WKR
When someone creates a profile just to slam a product I find it weird and unnecessary.

When it’s an actively contributing sponsor that has a great rep on here I find it to be very suspect.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Good afternoon, I am new to the site but have used it for years to research topics. Most recently I used it to decide on a boot. I’ve always worn Irish setters and thoroughgood work boots but wanted a better boot for working in and some hunting.

So I settled on schnees beartooth 0g. I ordered them on 2/13 received them around 2/19. As I was putting the left one on, the eyelet ripped out of the boot. $400 boot, but I understand nothing is perfect. So I return the boots, and today 3/24 I received my replacement pair and couldn’t wait to finally enjoy some nice boots. They sent the same boots “repaired” and low and behold, I never got above that same eyelet and it pulls out without any tension applied.

I called schnees and they say all they can do is get me another pair or refund my money.

So with that all being said, and even though I’m told schnees has a great product, I would like some advice as to what is comparable to the beartooths because I don’t think it’s worth another few weeks of waiting just to have the same thing happen again.
Sorry for the trouble with your boots. Nobody bats a thousand and we work hard to make sure this doesn't happen. But from time to time it does. But we will always stand behind our product. Not sure why/who sent a repaired set back to you, but we are happy to replace them with a brand new pair. Shoot me a message and I would love to help you out in any way.

- Matt

That's the worst eyelet to lose on those boots. I have the same Beartooths and lost the eyelet above that one and Schnees sent me a brand new pair. Their customer service is top notch. Glad to see they're going to take care of you.

grfox92

WKR
This is what I hear about them all the time, that they are great to deal with. But 1st pair faulty, told would take a few weeks to get the 2nd pair to me because they sold out of my size. Then I receive the same pair, repaired, faulty. So they lied about waiting on a new pair.

You may be confident that they wouldn’t jerk someone around, but what are your thoughts on that? That to me seems like a pretty straightforward lie,
I doubt they "Lied" probably a miscommunication OR it was taking so long to get a new pair they figured it best to get you your boots back instead of keeping you waiting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
P

Prime28

FNG
Just getting back to check this thread. I was out of town for a couple weeks and sent the 2nd pair back 3-4 weeks ago now ( can’t remember exact date ).

I will reach out to schnees on here.
There is nothing suspect about it Ten Bears, I did my research and schnees always had the best/most consistent reviews which is why I chose them. But shouldn’t I be able to bring this to everyone’s attention? Shouldn’t I be able to say what happened and what would be everyone’s second choice? I would sure hope everyone else reviews these companies honestly whether they’re sponsors or not.

You won’t find an easier person to get along with when it comes to these things and this is the first time I’ve ever complained publicly.

I do think 3 tries is too much and I think most would agree.

As I say in my own company, some clients and contractors just aren’t going to agree on everything. We’re humans and not all of us are a perfect fit for one another, doesn’t mean one is right or one is wrong. Same goes for retailers to clients. Like Schnees said, everyone would like to have a perfect record but it’s just not reality.

The first pair wasn’t the issue, the second was where I had an issue.

OP
P

Prime28

FNG
Sorry for the trouble with your boots. Nobody bats a thousand and we work hard to make sure this doesn't happen. But from time to time it does. But we will always stand behind our product. Not sure why/who sent a repaired set back to you, but we are happy to replace them with a brand new pair. Shoot me a message and I would love to help you out in any way.

- Matt
Matt, for some reason I can’t figure out how to message you.

I’ve had that same problem on a brand new pair of beartooths I got back in 2018. Popped right out on the 3rd or 4th lace up attempt. They sent me a brand new pair, no questions asked. I found their customer service to be top notch, and they’ve always taken care of me. Been a loyal customer of theirs for many years, and I don’t see it changing.

A majority of other boot brands don’t rise to their level of trying to take care of each and every customer. Schnee’s to the moon!

OP
P

Prime28

FNG
I can’t send a message to Matt due to being new to the forum.

xcutter

WKR
I had the eyelet pull out of my Timberline's again even after them being repaired once. Called Schnee's and they are sending me a new pair. Should receive them today.

Best customer service I've ever dealt with. Thanks Schnee's.

I just got some as well. So far I haven't seen any issues, only had a chance to wear them around the house a bit. Their customer service reps seem to be helpful so they should take care of you. Question on the fit. Do yours feel snug? I have only ever worn a regular width, but after having my foot properly measured I realized I was a wide. So I ordered wide, and they didn't seem as wide as I was thinking they would be. There feel good with one sock, if I do a two sock system, they feel a tad snug but I think that's probably just the new leather. Length is perfect and they feel comfortable. I think I just need to get them lubed up and broken in.

They run narrow for sure. I have a pair of Crispi Guides and a pair of Beartooths, both 13 WIDE, sitting in my living room that im trying on. The Crispi s are way wider than the Schnees. Im kind of in between a wide and regular, so I think the Beartooths are going to be my pick. If you are true wide, I would jot recommend them due to sizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airish06

FNG
Man, that's disappointing! That's not the norm from Schnee's though!

I've got a pair of Schnee's Timberlines.. no probs!

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Good afternoon, I am new to the site but have used it for years to research topics. Most recently I used it to decide on a boot. I’ve always worn Irish setters and thoroughgood work boots but wanted a better boot for working in and some hunting.

So I settled on schnees beartooth 0g. I ordered them on 2/13 received them around 2/19. As I was putting the left one on, the eyelet ripped out of the boot. $400 boot, but I understand nothing is perfect. So I return the boots, and today 3/24 I received my replacement pair and couldn’t wait to finally enjoy some nice boots. They sent the same boots “repaired” and low and behold, I never got above that same eyelet and it pulls out without any tension applied.

I called schnees and they say all they can do is get me another pair or refund my money.

So with that all being said, and even though I’m told schnees has a great product, I would like some advice as to what is comparable to the beartooths because I don’t think it’s worth another few weeks of waiting just to have the same thing happen again.

Nobody bats a thousand. We always stand behind our boots and I would love to take care of you. send me an email and i'll get some out to you. [email protected]

Last edited:

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
An eyelet pulled out on my Timberline's after about 7 months of use. I was so bummed. Sent them to Schnee's and they repaired them but it doesn't seem to be in the boot like it once was. I'm afraid to really lace up the boot tight like I used to. Schnee's did fix them no questions asked or cost except I had to pay to ship them to them.

Lace them up as normal. if they brake, we'll take care of you! - matt

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Glad to hear we took care of you! I just wanted to make sure nobody dropped the ball on our end. If you ever have any trouble, shoot me an email! How are these new ones working out for you?