Schnees vs crispi customer service & quality

squirrel

WKR
Opinions do vary. Worst boots I have ever bought schnees, most expensive boot ever bought schnees worst customer service of any product except for Maytag washer... schnees. let the buyer beware!

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I purchased my first pair of Schnees Beartooths in 2011 and had to finally purchase a new pair two years ago. People saying they are hard on their boots can be a very subjective thing (e.g. a four mile day on the rolling prairie can be considered hard on boots to someone whereas another individual might think 10 miles in the breaks is a hard day on the boots). So everyone needs to take that with a grain of salt.

I absolutely loved my first pair and was pretty sad when the tread disappeared after a lot of use and cracks in the leather appeared and made them a little more "breathable"......

Hi there and sorry to hear about your troubles with those boots. Also, the feedback on the lace hardware is very helpful. I personally am not a fan of the locking hardware and prefer the tube-style pinch lock hardware.

Anyway, those first Beartooth 2.0's used the outdry membrane. While it was great initially, we saw more failures that we would accept and switched to the Sympatex membrane a few years ago now. It has been a great membrane for us with a crazy low fail rate.

Depending on how long ago you purchased your boots we might be able to help you out. Shoot me a PM!

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Opinions do vary. Worst boots I have ever bought schnees, most expensive boot ever bought schnees worst customer service of any product except for Maytag washer... schnees. let the buyer beware!

Can you elaborate on any of this? Would love to hear about any problems you've had with us? We've gotten rid of some not so helpful customer service reps in the past few years and I would love to try and help you out.

- Matt

Resurrecting this thread

can anyone who owns both or has owned or tried in on comment on sizing? In a 9.5 in Crispi Guide’s, I am also looking at the Schnees Beartooth

Thanks

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Resurrecting this thread

can anyone who owns both or has owned or tried in on comment on sizing? In a 9.5 in Crispi Guide’s, I am also looking at the Schnees Beartooth

Thanks

I have found them true to size - wear 9.5 normally and 10 in boots. Any issues with sizing on schnees and they’ll exchange them no problem, pretty sure they’ll pay shipping both ways to do so? Beartooths are awesome.

AndrewMT34

Lil-Rokslider
Schnee's has been quite possibly the best customer service experience I've ever had with only interacting with them by phone or internet.

I recommend ordering true to size, I wear a size 10 in everything and my size 10 Beartooth's fit like a glove.

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I wear size 10 in everything footwear. But, my Schnee Granite II’s have a very small toe box. So much that I cannot wear two pairs of socks like I do in ALL of my other size 10 hunting boots. Very disappointing for a boot with a $500 msrp. I wish I never bought them. Strongly considering the Crispi Guides…in size 10.

I tried a set of beartooths and they were not a good fit for me. Had zero issues retiring them. Have two pair of crispies and zero issues. I have narrow feet n high arches for what it’s worth.

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
I think it is worth mentioning, especially because I found this out thankfully before I made my boot purchase, when I hear or see the term, "true to size", I take that to mean according to the Brannock Device. Be sure you have had your foot measured, length, width, and especially arch length, on a Brannock Device. Then look at boots according to recommended size. For years, due to my own ignorance, I was wearing shoes that were too narrow. I have a wide foot. I bought my Schnee's and ordered a wide. There is plenty of room in the toe box, but I feel they are barely wide enough for me. I would like to ask them if their wide is a true EE as I believe their website indicates. They seem more of an E than an EE. But there is not much difference there. A brannock device has measurements for E, EE and I want to say maybe EEE. I am an EE according to the Brannock device. After the break in period they fit like a glove, I have the Beartooth 2 uninsulated. I did have an issue with one boot originally and they exchanged for a new pair. Definitely stand behind their product and all the customer service I received was excellent. If you are looking into an insulated boot, I would call and ask them if you should go up a size due to a combination of thicker socks and the insulation liner.
If you can, take a "family vacation" to Yellowstone, and use that as an excuse to swing into Bozeman for a day and go by all the hunting stores, including Schnee's.