Schnees vs crispi customer service & quality

Narrowed boot choices down to these two crispi nevada and schnees beartooth. Anyone have any negatives on either or why they went one way or the other? Obviously fit will likely determine possibly what i go with but all things equal ive not really heard any bad with either.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought the Nevada’s in December and have had them on a few hikes including one today. I really like how the boots are breaking in already with the small amount of miles on them. I was considering the beartooth’s as well, but these fit me just fine so stuck with them

OP
UWbadger1013
I have had outstanding customer service from Schnees. Top 3 ever in my life. I cannot say enough about their customer service. I also love their beartooth boots. Used them hard and they have performed flawlessly. I have 13 seasons on one pair.
I will agree so far their customer service is outstanding and extremely responsive to questions. I'm going to try them if i can catch a sale on them. I like that they will go beyond the 1 year warranty.

Jimss

WKR
I use and abuse my boots while scouting, hunting, and at work. I work year round in Colo and am pretty abusive to my boots! I haven't had any problem with the Crispi boots I've warn. They've all withstood rough field conditions.

I really like all leather boots. They tend to hold up since they usually have less stitching. On the down side they are stiffer and heavier than synthetics. I generally cover lots of country while muley hunting. Depending upon the terrain you'll be hunting you may be doing incredible elevation gains. While I prefer leather they are generally a major chunk heavier than synthetics. I also don't like super stiff boots. If you do much archery hunting you'll find it's next to impossible to stalk quietly in stiff, heavy boots. The only time I wear taller, stiff leather boots is in deep snow.

My preference is medium weight-height hikers. They are a chunk lighter, quieter and easier for stalking, and a lot easier on your legs when hiking miles upon miles each day. Synthetics generally don't last quite as long but are a lot lighter and breath a lot better. This may be important while early season scouting and hunting.

With that said, it's usually comes down to what time of year and country are you hunting? Back to your original question....I really like my Crispis!

I had an issue with my crispi nevada's having a bad spot of stitching just after I bought them. Contacted customer service, shipped the boots out, and had them back pretty quickly. Was pretty easy.

OP
UWbadger1013
I use and abuse my boots while scouting, hunting, and at work. I work year round in Colo and am pretty abusive to my boots! I haven't had any problem with the Crispi boots I've warn. They've all withstood rough field conditions.

I really like all leather boots. They tend to hold up since they usually have less stitching. On the down side they are stiffer and heavier than synthetics. I generally cover lots of country while muley hunting. Depending upon the terrain you'll be hunting you may be doing incredible elevation gains. While I prefer leather they are generally a major chunk heavier than synthetics. I also don't like super stiff boots. If you do much archery hunting you'll find it's next to impossible to stalk quietly in stiff, heavy boots. The only time I wear taller, stiff leather boots is in deep snow.

My preference is medium weight-height hikers. They are a chunk lighter, quieter and easier for stalking, and a lot easier on your legs when hiking miles upon miles each day. Synthetics generally don't last quite as long but are a lot lighter and breath a lot better. This may be important while early season scouting and hunting.

With that said, it's usually comes down to what time of year and country are you hunting? Back to your original question....I really like my Crispis!
I'll be hunting Wyoming in mid November. Iowa for pheasants in October-December. South Dakota pheasants in December. So for me id prob be better off with the leather and a an 8-10" boot with gaiters

Moserkr

WKR
Crispis summit gtx so far have done well for me. Put around 1000 miles on them over 4 seasons, and had them resoled before this season. The insoles are horrible though - factor in that cost to replace them right off the bat or after the first season. Also keep em well oiled, theres not much on em from the factory. My only complaint is the rubber toe cap likes to separate but that took 2 years of abuse to happen. I hunt high country in rough granite so its like sand paper to boots. The stitching, laces, and leather has held up well though. Got em after I destroyed a pair of $150 danners in one season.

I have both Schnee’s and Crispi boots. While I like both brands, I personally think the Schnee’s are the best boots I have ever used.

Firestone

WKR
I have went through 2 pairs of nevadas. Ill be ordering my third pair here shortly. I Had to use CS once on this last pair and it was super easy. Used to use kenetrek and still do for work. But nevadas are my favorite for hunting and hiking. I wish they came in a steel toe and i would use them for work to.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I had an issue with a pair of Beartootb II’s - schemes evaluated them and had me a brand new pair in less than 2 weeks. They didn’t hassle me, accuse me of misuse or otherwise try to squirm out of taking care of me - quite the opposite.

I wouldn’t be worried about trying either brand.

Wilks54

FNG
Schnee's customer service is some of the best I've run across. Not just for boots, but for anything.

Come for the boots, stay for the customer service.

OP
UWbadger1013
Schnee's customer service is some of the best I've run across. Not just for boots, but for anything.

Come for the boots, stay for the customer service.
Their responsiveness and helpfulness is the reason I'm going with them first. And hopefully they workout. I love companies that stand behind their products and are there after you buy something. Just hoping for a sale now.

WCB

WKR
I've used both not for anything major and also just contacted both with questions. No issues with either one, great people, great service.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
The CS at schnee's has gone above and behind for me on more than one occasion, great customer service. I own both schnee's and crispi, not apples to apples but I wear a pair of Thors out in under a year, where I have had the same pair of beartooths for 3, both get worn about the same amount.

jbwright

WKR
Crispis summit gtx so far have done well for me. Put around 1000 miles on them over 4 seasons, and had them resoled before this season. The insoles are horrible though - factor in that cost to replace them right off the bat or after the first season. Also keep em well oiled, theres not much on em from the factory. My only complaint is the rubber toe cap likes to separate but that took 2 years of abuse to happen. I hunt high country in rough granite so its like sand paper to boots. The stitching, laces, and leather has held up well though. Got em after I destroyed a pair of $150 danners in one season.
Which insoles would you recommend? Any you'd stay away from? I've been looking at SheepFeet - not only read good things on quality but can use my HSA to help w/the cost. I'm 100% a believer in solid / comfortable boots - especially given the fact I'll spend far more time in my boots than in any other piece of clothing/gear. Worth the extra coin to have comfortable footwear.

Moserkr

WKR
@jbwright I can tell you to stay away from green feet or whatever those popular green insoles are called. Definitely go custom mapped - lathrop and sons, sheep feet, custom orthotic. Feet are so different so worth custom no matter which boot you choose. Id replace every few seasons too since the foam breaks down easily with long miles and heavy packs.

jbwright

WKR
@jbwright I can tell you to stay away from green feet or whatever those popular green insoles are called. Definitely go custom mapped - lathrop and sons, sheep feet, custom orthotic. Feet are so different so worth custom no matter which boot you choose. Id replace every few seasons too since the foam breaks down easily with long miles and heavy packs.
Roger, I forgot L&S was an option too. I’ll check them out. TY!

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for all of the kind words guys! OP, if you have any questions I can answer, please feel free to shoot me a pm. We sell our own boots, but also sell Crispi, Lowa, Scarpa, Danner, Salewa, etc.. in our Bozeman, MT store. And we don't care if you buy our boot or someone else's, feet are so unique, we just like making sure you get the right boot for your foot!

- Matt

RamDreamer

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased my first pair of Schnees Beartooths in 2011 and had to finally purchase a new pair two years ago. People saying they are hard on their boots can be a very subjective thing (e.g. a four mile day on the rolling prairie can be considered hard on boots to someone whereas another individual might think 10 miles in the breaks is a hard day on the boots). So everyone needs to take that with a grain of salt.

I absolutely loved my first pair and was pretty sad when the tread disappeared after a lot of use and cracks in the leather appeared and made them a little more "breathable". They were great to my feet and I couldn't imagine a better boot so I ordered another pair. Well there had been some changes from the original model. They were no longer waterproof like I had hoped, but customer service was great and I mailed them in and they determined they leaked and sent me a new pair with a quick turn around. The new pair had a minor leak, but after many applications of Nikwax (doesn't last long, I mean at all, and if your in the backcountry for more than a day expect wet feet the second day) and finally some boot leather wax I think I am in a good place. My only issue is their new ankle lock. I can never get the lace as tight as I want with that in a traditional lacing approach (I do the pull to the side like they say and then pull up but cannot get it where I want it to be). I instead have to use both hands with one lace pulling out to the side and then up to lock the lace. First world problems I know but I really enjoy just grabbing both laces, pulling to the appropriate tightness, and tying everything up. Not a viable option anymore with the ankle locks.

I still like the boots and had put many miles on them this year turkey and bear hunting, scouting and hunting mountain goats, hunting elk in Wyoming as well as here in Montana, chasing pronghorn and mule deer all throughout the fall, upland game bird hunting, and finally running some traps this winter. If I knew there was not going to be moisture I would actually still rock my OG Beartooths that were all cracked and had very little tread left as I just love them so much more than the new model.

With all that said I will be looking to see what options are on the other side of the fence when I need another pair of boots. I expect these to last another season or two because I cannot drop this coin on boots more than every few years anyway. I am just providing you with my experience and thoughts for your consideration.