schnees vs hoffman pacs

eoperator

WKR
I have wore size 12w boots for 20yrs, now this year has given me all kinds of foot problems. Stoped into schnees last week, they measured my feet and come to find out I am now a size 13w.
So my question is would the schnees pacs be worth the extra $120 or just get the hoffmans again?

I personally wouldn't fix what isn't broken. If you enjoyed the Hoffmans, size up and don't overthink things.

I've owned several pairs of Schnee's Pacs and unfortunately they all failed before they wore out. That isn't a dig at Schnee's. It's just to show that there's no guarantee a more expensive boot will turn out to be better for you.

My first schnees pacs made it through 12 years of winter recreation and construction before the rubber on the top of the foot cracked all to hell and they weren’t waterproof anymore. They had plenty of life left otherwise. I figured I got my money’s worth and bought another pair. I like the new ones better than the old ones so far. That being said I agree with Mr Dill, if you don’t have any complaints with your Hoffman’s then I would just get a bigger size. I would also not worry about schnees pacs being worth the money if you need a change.

willtim

WKR
I can't comment on the Hoffman's but my I highly recommend the Schnee Hunter II.

DESERT ED

FNG
I've been a size 12 forever as well. I ordered a 13 from Hoffmans and they were too small. Got a size 14 that's supposed to be here today. I went with Hoffmans because of the thicker leather uppers and the price. Even having to pay for return shipping they're still a bit cheaper.

akrdkill

WKR
I called Hoffmans & spoke with the gal that answered..the mountaineer pac run a bit bigger that the guide pacs which run smaller is what I was told

Wrench

WKR
My Hoffman pacs are nearing 10 years old. There is zero signs of cracking and they still are in fantastic condition. I was a whites pacs fan before they went from lacrosse shells to Chinese ones.....because they crack in no time.

I forget the model of Hoffman that I have, but it has the nail down sole that says made in Idaho in the rubber.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
I might have to try some Hoffman's....they sound like a great company with great reviews. My current hunting boot set-up/process is working really good. However, I always like to have options and try different methods.

Hoffman’s offers a military discount, Schnee’s doesn’t. Great company, great product, amazing customer service! From generations prior, to generations to come, we’ll always have Hoffman boots in this family. 🇺🇸